Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tobu nikko railway 2016/2/7 02:46
Hi im going to nikko next week and I will use the jr tokyo wide area. My questions are:

1. Does spacia nikko/nikko train fully covered by jr tokyo wide area pass from shinjuku/asakusa to tobu nikko?

2. Which station should I depart. As I read some articles, nikko trains from shinjuku only available at certain times.

Thank you!
by Duan173  

Re: tobu nikko railway 2016/2/7 07:48
1. Does spacia nikko/nikko train fully covered by jr tokyo wide area pass from shinjuku/asakusa to tobu nikko?

From Shinjuku: Yes!
From Asakusa: No!

2. Which station should I depart. As I read some articles, nikko trains from shinjuku only available at certain times.

Indeed, there is only one direct train per day. And three more that require an easy transfer along the way.

Tokyo and Ueno Station are other convenient bases as you can take the shinkansen from there to Utsunomiya and then the Nikko Line to Nikko.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Valid Train Routes for new JR EAST TOHOKU AREA 2016/2/7 13:45

I am purchasing this pass for my coming holiday in Japan. I read the information on JR East website, but unsure if I could use the pass between Nikko and Kinugawa-Onsen.

My plan is to travel to Kinugawa-onsen upon my arrival at Narita Airport.

I understand that I could use the pass for LTD. EXP SPACIA KINUGAWA 3 from Shinjuku station. But, looks like I will miss this train by the time I arrive at Shinjuku.

My next option is to take the Shinkansen from Tokyo and change to a local train in Utsunomiya for Nikko. Could I use the same pass for Nikko to Kinugawa-onsen.

Also, can the pass be used to travel between Kinugawa-onsen and Aizu-Wakamatsu along the AIZU RAILWAY?

Any advice is much appreciated, and many thanks.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tobu nikko railway 2016/2/7 13:49
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: tobu nikko railway 2016/2/7 16:16

Thank you Firas for your speedy reply.
The question was wrongly posted here. A new one " Valid Train Routes for JR East Tohoku Area" was posted earlier. I still need additional advice. Hopefully, you are able to assist further.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tobu nikko railway 2016/2/9 18:06
Thank you Uji! Very informative.
by Duan173 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread