Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Happo Pond really worth the journey? 2016/2/8 20:29
Has anyone been to Happo Pond by Hakuba and is it worth the effort getting there to hike up to the pond? Was thinking of also stopping at Matsumoto quickly to see the castle on my journey up to Hakuba where I was wanting to spend the night and then do Happo early the next morning.

I am travelling to Japan solo from May 8th for almost a month (and have already realised its not enough time to see all the places I want to!). My first three days will be spent in Tokyo with two nights at Mount Fuji. From here I was planning to go north (with JR Pass from Otsuki station) to Nagano Prefecture to see the afore-mentioned.

The thing is that from here (Hakuba) I am needing to go down to Nachi Falls which I realise is a long journey, one that I am prepared to make. But I am wondering if the trip to Happo Pond is really worth the effort and if I should rather not just move from Mt Fuji on to Nagoya and then Nachi (whereafter my journey will continue West). I have never been to Japan and am very open to suggestions about alternatives.

Please let me know your thoughts on my movements in these few days between Fuji and Nachi.

Thanks to those who have given advice on previous questions I have posted!
by JacquesdW  

reply to this thread