Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tottori to Kobe (Sannomiya) 2016/2/9 12:15
Hi everyone,
I aplogize for such a short empty question I wrote in the earlier post.
When I had tried to submit my post, it said max 45 characters and I mistakenly thought that was referring to the content of the post when it was actually meaning the title of the question-- thats why I wrote such ignorant question with so little detail. How stupid I am... lol

Anyhow, to fully explain my question, I wanted to ask what would be the best pass to buy if I am planning on travelling from Tottori to Sannomiya--or no pass at all. I would be really greatful for any help. =)

My initial thought was to buy Sanin Okayama during my trips in the Tottori (yonago, sakae minato, matsue, kurayoshi, tottori) but I realized that this won't cover the trip from the ttotori to Sannomiya terminal using super Hakuto Ltd 5820 YEN.

Is Sanyo Sanin pass the only pass that covers the trip to sannomiya from tottori? If so, I find it not so cost effective to buy this only to cover the trip to Kobe. Would it be wise to buy the ticket one way then?

Also, is there a bus that goest to Sannomiya? Although I took JPST 100/101 in my freshmen, I am really deficient in Japanese ;( and I would really appreciate it if someone could post the timetable and location of the bus that goes to Sannomiya. The day I will be going to sannomiya is May 12th 2016.

My planned schedule is as follow:
day 1 Yonago airport - sakae minato - yonago
day 2 Yonago - matsue - kurayoshi
day 3 kurayoshi - tottori - sannomiya - kobe travel using 2 days hankyu tourist pass
day 4 sannomiya - kawaramachi (kyoto) using 2nd day hankyu tourist pass - kyoto trip (not sure what pass to use; maybe keihan pass) planning to see ginkakuji, kiyomizudera, fushimi inari daisha
day 5 arashiyama bamboo tree park, gion street, pontocho (not sure what pass to buy)
day 6 kawaramachi - umeda - sky park - heb five - river cruise (uses osaka juyu pass 1 day)
day 7 USJ
day 8 back to airport

Thank you
by CanadianTraveller (guest)  

Re: Tottori to Kobe (Sannomiya) 2016/2/9 12:34
It's very rare for a pass to pay off for a singla trip, but in your case it seems the Sanyo-Sanin pass covers all your trips, so you can do the usual math to see whether it pays off. If not, yes, you can buy single tickets.

Yes, there are buses between Tottori and Kobe. http://www.nihonkotsu.co.jp/bus/highway/course/tottori-kobe_osaka.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tottori to Kobe (Sannomiya) 2016/2/9 12:38
Hi Firas, thank you for your answer!

Could I ask what
"•Ö 61 11 71 63 13 73 65 75 15 67 77 69 37 17 79 39 49 19 41 25 03"
means? when I ran the translator, it says flight for that kanji. Is it refering to the bus number?

Thank you
by CanadianTraveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tottori to Kobe (Sannomiya) 2016/2/9 12:41
Yes those are bus numbers. •Ö is used not only for flights but also for all other kinds of scheduled transportation.

Re: Tottori to Kobe (Sannomiya) 2016/2/9 12:47
ahh I see.
Could I ask one last question? sorry to keep bother you.
Is || mean that the bus is not stopping on that station?

For example, bus 39 stops at the tottori station at 16:40 but will not stop at the sanomiya terminal since it is shown as || ?

Thank you
by CanadianTravller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tottori to Kobe (Sannomiya) 2016/2/9 12:47
Yes, that's right.

reply to this thread