Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/11 07:53
My tax return form hasn't arrived from my tax office yet (I checked the box last year asking if I wanted them sent out) and I have an appointment soon with my financial advisor/accountant to fill in the return. I want to call the tax office, so how do I say in Japanese...(hiragana would be fine, but would be nice to see the key kanji as well). Thanks.

"I haven't received my tax return forms yet, and I have an appointment next week with my accountant to fill them in. Can I call at your office to collect them in person before 19th February? What day is convenient to call by?"
by Guest (guest)  

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/11 14:09
you can download blank forms from their homepages.
you can pick up printed forms at tax offices in their working time (9 to 5).
not necessary to call. just go and pick it up.
generally speaking, all accountants have forms.
they will input your data in their computer, and print out the data with the form (or send your tax return data by e-tax system.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/11 18:53
Ken

Yes, yes, I know all that, but the pre-printed form saves a lot of time, and time is money.

So, how do I....?
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/11 22:05
"I checked the box last year"
it means you checked the box, "do not send the form next year", 翌年以降送付不要.
I don't think you can prove that you are the correct person, who request to get the specified form, just by phone call, because it contains your personal information.
I think the pre-print was done at somewhere except for tax offices. and the sending was already done (finished). you may try to go to tax office and to ask form sending with showing your picture ID. but, they will advise you use blank form, instead of the waiting of the mail.
the guide of how to write tax return in English.
http://www.nta.go.jp/tetsuzuki/shinkoku/shotoku/tebiki2015/pdf/43.pdf
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/12 19:28
How hard could it be just to have the translation assistance I requested and posted in the Language section?

Should I have posted in the 'Give Me Any Advice But What I Actually Request Section'?

Never mind, I'll improvise...

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/12 19:51
Sorry, I can't help you with the translation, but in these circumstances it is common to give advice on how to deal with the problem directly when possible, as a straight translation often ends up not helpful to the OP in the long run (and may end up just complicating the matter). I don't know if that's the situation here, but its something to keep in mind.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/13 01:29
"I haven't received my tax return forms yet, and I have an appointment next week with my accountant to fill them in. Can I call at your office to collect them in person before 19th February? What day is convenient to call by?"

Is this what you need to be translated? I can translate that, but I need to know what exactly you mean by "Can I call at your office". Do you mean "Can I go to your office, which is the zeimusho, and pick up the blank forms myself?"

If so, I already know the answer. Like Ken wrote, the answer is "Yes, you can go to any zeimusho (local tax office) during the daytime on weekdays, and pick up the blank forms. They're piled in a room. You don't even have to talk to anybody to obtain them."

You also need to know which of the numerous forms you need. I'm sure you're filling out at least 3 or 4 forms. So it's really best to just go to a zeimusho (any zeimusho would do), and pick up the forms that seem to suit you best.

But if you need forms with your name and address printed on them, I'm not sure if that's possible. Even if it is, I don't understand how that can save you more time than the time yo u need to go to "your office" when all you have to do is to write them down by yourself. It's just your name and address that's pre-printed.

What I'm saying is that if you phone the tax office and say those sentences, either in English or Japanese, they probably wouldn't understand what you really need.

On a side note, if you want to save time next year, you should install some kind of an accounting software. Your financial advisor can probably help you on that.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/13 19:13
Uco

On a side note, if you want to save time next year, you should install some kind of an accounting software. Your financial advisor can probably help you on that.

Honestly, given the relatively basic communicative function of my original question, how do you imagine I would get on with a (presumably and necessarily) complex Japanese language tax accounting software program?

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/13 20:46
Honestly, given the relatively basic communicative function of my original question, how do you imagine I would get on with a (presumably and necessarily) complex Japanese language tax accounting software program?

With software, you'll need less language/communication skills. You mentioned that you can read some hiragana and kanji. Once you know where to click on your software, all you have to do is type in numbers. Anyway, I was just suggesting an option in which details can be obtained from your financial advisor.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How do I ask at Tax Office? 2016/2/14 14:16
- Kakutei-shinkoku no youshi wo mada uketotte imasen.確定申告の用紙をまだ受け取っていません。(I have not received the tax return form yet.)

- Raishuu zeirishi to atte kinyuu suru yotei desu.来週税理士と会って記入する予定です。Next week I have an appointment with my accountant to fill them in.)

- Ni-gatsu juuku-nichi made ni zeimusho ni yotte uketoritai no desu ga, itsu ga tsugou ga ii desu ka. 2月19日までに税務署に寄って受け取りたいのですが、いつが都合がいいですか。(I want to drop in at the tax office to pick it up by Feb. 19th, but when is a convenient time for you?)

Actually you should just go (it is very likely you declared last year that you did NOT want your form mailed), tell them what type of forms you need, and pick up a blank form. They have English forms at the tax office as far as I remember.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread