Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel Tateyama 2016/2/11 15:52
Has anyone here stayed at Hotel Tateyama?

I would like to take my family here during the month of August, which unfortunately seems to be the most expensive time, but that's my only vacation.

The website states that the Western Style A can sleep up to 4 people, which is what I have.

The price for that room during the dates I have available is 33,480 a night. If I stayed two nights, that's 66,960.

However, when I used the online reservation page to book a room, it said the total was 267,840!

How is that possible?

I would like to stay at a hotel on the trail because my elderly mother really wants to see Midagahara and the dam. We obviously won't be hiking Tateyama, but I figured she'll be tired from walking around Midagahara and the Murodo area for one day. We stay at a hotel. We see the dam the next day. She has her heart set on this, but it is so expensive.
by Ms. Wood (guest)  

Re: Hotel Tateyama 2016/2/11 16:56
Obviously the rate of 33,480 is for one person, two nights and four persons give the 267,840 yen. From my experience, it is standard for japanese hotels to specify the per-person-price, not the per-room-price.
by ShioriSenpai rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Tateyama 2016/2/11 17:08
Oh wow, I had no idea they charged by person.

All the other hotels I've stayed in before (Tokyo and Osaka area) listed a flat room price. A $200 room for 1-4 people was $200 whether it was just me or me and my family.

So that's the price for one room with four people? Wow.
by Ms. Wood (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Tateyama 2016/2/11 17:31
I think the price includes breakfast and dinner. We head edup to the hotel from Toyama in the morning, saw the snow wall and stayed one night. Next day, we continued on to the Kurobe dam .
by hosg15 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel Tateyama 2016/2/11 17:35
Oops. just realised your trip is in August not May which is the period I went. Anyway, I think there are cheaper options other than Hotel Tateyama, I did not opt for those as it was snowy and I didn't think dragging my luggage through the snow is fun. August should be fine, though.
by hosg15 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread