Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/11 22:58
Hello,

I tried to google up on my Japan Rail pass but no answer. I don't have any japan train map that comes with Japan Rail Pass (I thought I suppose to have that map when I got my pass but no map at all).

I am coming to Miyajimaguchi Station (San-yo Line) from Tokyo via Hiroshima next month.

I would like to know if I need to pay extra fee for using train between Hiroshima and Miyajimaguchi Station or not needed (like I can use Japan Rail Pass on that train)?

Thank you for answering this silly question (as I am new to Japan Rail Pass).

Diablo
by Diablo (guest)  

Re: Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/12 08:49
The trains to Miyajimaguchi station are covered by the pass, as well as the JR Ferry to the island.

Note that you can look up routes at the following website and basically all lines listed as JR are covered (expect certain trains like the Nozomi):

http://www.hyperdia.com/

More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/12 08:57
The map you would have gotten with the pass is not that detailed. It wouldn't show every available line for use with the JR Pass.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/12 21:08
Thank you very much for the answers as it clarifies the JP Rail Pass use for me.

I guess that I was confused myself wiht some trains in Hiroshima that wouldn't accept the JP Rail Pass which I have to pay extra fee for that. But I'm glad that it's all clear up as I can use JP Rail Pass on any train line that begins with "JR...." throughout Japan.

Thank you again for clarifying/your kind helps. :)
by Diablo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/12 21:59
Except for Mizuho and Nozomi service along the Sanyo Shinkansen and Nozomi services on the Tokaido Shinkansen. Those are not allowed with the JR Pass. If you wish to use them, you must pay all fees except for the base fare, shown on Hyperdia.
by [-(o)-] (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/12 22:07
No, you must pay the base fare as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/13 02:09
I guess that I was confused myself wiht some trains in Hiroshima that wouldn't accept the JP Rail Pass which I have to pay extra fee for that.

If the train you need to take is not a JR train, then you can't use the JR Pass. It's really that simple.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Rail Pass on Hiroshima Sanyo Line? 2016/2/13 10:47
Nope, there are some non-JR trains which are covered, most famously the Tokyo Monorail.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread