Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido shinkansen schedule? 2016/2/13 12:40
hi!

I'm trying to plan a trip to Hokkaido using the seishun kippu and have discovered I won't be able to take the express on Mar 25th due to construction, so I was planning on taking the new shinkansen with the extra cost (still wayyy less than usual train costs or a plane ticket!) on the 26th. however, I can't seem to find the schedule anywhere. even hyperdia doesn't seem to be capable of telling me when it's operating... does anybody know?

thanks!
by argh (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido shinkansen schedule? 2016/2/13 13:36
Here you go:
http://hokkaido-shinkansen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/timetable.pd...

The purple part is the shinkansen part
奥津軽いまべつ is Oku-Tsugaru Imabetsu
木古内 is Kikonai

From Kikonai to Hakodate, Seishun 18 Kippu users should use the new South Hokkaido Railway (Donan Isaribi Railway); however, their timetable does not seem to have been announced yet.

Hyperdia is unlikely to be updated until mid March.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido shinkansen schedule? 2016/2/13 13:55
The first day of the operation of a new train may be almost impossible to get tickets. When the Hokuriku Shinkansen opened, tickets sold out in minutes. I would be very surprised if they don't sell out.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread