Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamikochi hiking and then Takayama 2016/2/14 16:34
hi there,

I was hoping somebody familiar with the area may be willing to share their input with regard to a few questions I have:

I am arriving from Tokyo to Kamikochi on Oct 27th this year. I am hoping to stay for 2 nights and then move on to Takayama for 3 nights. My questions are:

* Is there a hiking trail from kamikochi to takayama? If so, what is it like?

* We will arrive with all of our luggage which will definitely inhibit hiking. Are there lockers?

* I read on this site about huts in the area? I couldn't see how to book? Im guesing luggage could be kept there?

* As i'm not familiar with area, I was hoping someone might be able to suggest an efficient travel route that would address luggage, not doubling back too much and obviously getting to takayama? Maybe going to takayama 1st and leaving luggage where we have booked in for 2 days later and then getting to kamikochi and hike back??

Any input / suggestions on this would be so very much appreciated.

thank you kindly
regards
ronnie
by AussieRonnie  

Re: Kamikochi hiking and then Takayama 2016/2/14 21:10

Maybe going to Takayama 1st and leaving luggage where we have booked in for 2 days later and then getting to kamiKochi and hike back??

I have visited both places, by bus. If you plan to hike, looking at the map, may take you 15 to 20 hours.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread