Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

itinerary review 2016/2/14 16:49
Oct-25 SYD/TOKYO
Oct-26 TOKYO
Oct-27 KAMIKOCHI (hiking)
Oct-28 KAMIKOCHI
Oct-29 TAKAYAMA
Oct-30 TAKAYAMA
Oct-31 TAKAYAMA
Nov-01 SHIRAKAWAGO (gassho stay)
Nov-02 KYOTO (capsule)
Nov-03 KYOTO
Nov-04 KYOTO
Nov-05 AMANOHASHIDATE
Nov-06 NAGASAKI
Nov-07 NAGASAKI
Nov-08 YUFIN
Nov-09 YUFIN
Nov-10 HIROSHIMA
Nov-11 ONOMICHI (cycling)
Nov-12 ONOMICHI / IMAB
Nov-13 ONOMICHI
Nov-14 OSAKA
Nov-15 KOYASAN (fukuchiin stay)
Nov-16 HIKING
Nov-17 OSAKA
Nov-18 OSAKA
Nov-19 NARA
Nov-20 TSUMAGO
Nov-21 NARAI
Nov-22 MATSUMOTO/NAG
Nov-23 YUDANAKA (snow monkeys)
Nov-24 TOKYO
Nov-25 TOKYO
Nov-26 TOKYO
Nov-27 TOKYO
Nov-28 TOKYO

Im relatively happy with the pace as I did a similar pace last year with my son. This year will be with my wife. websites give a lot of average stats etc but i was wondering how cold it will get / will any of the places get some snow?

Are there any obvious logic issues with my itinerary?

I know with shirakawago / takayama, i could have joined it with the tsumago narai, yudanaka visits but i split them up as i wanted shirakawago to not have any snow or just light and kamikochi apparently closes huts on nov15. plus i wanted to see snow monkeys with snow so thought doing it late would give me a better chance :)

thank you to anyone that provides feedback

regards
ronnie :D
by AussieRonnie  

Re: itinerary review 2016/2/14 19:02
Amanohashidate to Nagasaki will be a long journey.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary review 2016/2/14 20:32
hi Firas,

thankyou for your comment and yes! i agree. i was thinking about breaking it up with our allocated night in hiroshima rather than on the way up, but we want to get to onomichi relatively early in the day and doing hiroshima the day before would mean a short travel :)
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary review 2016/2/15 05:10
I also agree with Firas, Amanohashidate to Nagasaki is a very long day of travel. You might put one of your days in Osaka between the two stops, or, if your planning on taking a day trip to Himeji from Osaka, put it between the two stops. It's 8+ hours from Amanohashidate to Nagasaki, but only 5 hours from Shin-Osaka Station.

Osaka is only a few hours away from Amanohashidate, so you should get nearly a full day there before going to Nagasaki.

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary review 2016/2/15 10:47
Perhaps you can cut short some days in Takayama or elsewhere to allocate to:
Kanazawa
Noto Hanto
Toyama

Not that Takayama is bare but three days is quite a bit of time spent there and there are other places nearby that are worth the trip. Surely, worth the time too.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary review 2016/2/16 18:56
great feedback guys from everyone - thank you so much. I have since taken nagasaki and yufin off our itinerary and will do it next year instead. i have previously visited kanazawa and toyama but not noto. i really loved takayama and got to know a few locals so id easily spend a few days there. :)
thanks again guys! :D
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread