Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Moiwa Ski Area 2016/2/19 16:18
Would like to check on Mt Moiwa Ski Area and Ropeway. There are a lot of info about the Ropeway but not really so about the Ski Area (Sapporomoiwayama Ski Area as in Google maps).

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5309.html also mainly gave directions to the Ropeway.

I read that city taxi will go to "Moiwa Ski Jo" for aboutY1,500-2,000. Takes about 30 mins from Odori. I can trust that? as TaxiFarefinder site quoted Y3650. We plan to be there about 2pm. Spend a couple of hours play snow or maybe try out the bunny slope then head for Mt Moiwa Ropeway about 4.30pm for sunset views. May I ask what's the best and cheaper way to get from the ski area to the Sanroku Station? There doesn't seem to be any public transport to get there. If we were to catch a cab from the Ski area, are cabs easily available and what would the cost be likely to be? The Taxifarefinder site quoted Y2200-- again, on the high side. Thanks!
by lseehk  

Re: Mt Moiwa Ski Area 2016/2/19 16:40
I read that city taxi will go to "Moiwa Ski Jo" for aboutY1,500-2,000.

The Moiwa Skijo page says 1500 yen to Sumikawa Subway Station (about 7km away). Odori would be quite a bit more.

May I ask what's the best and cheaper way to get from the ski area to the Sanroku Station?

Looks like the top station of the ski jo is right next to the transfer station of the ropeway, but I'm not sure you can go between the two. I'd probably just take a taxi from the lodge to the ropeway.

If we were to catch a cab from the Ski area, are cabs easily available and what would the cost be likely to be?

Cabs should be available. Considering it's about 5km the fare should be around 1800 yen.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread