Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawa-go and Takayama 2016/2/29 09:37
Hello.

I am planning to spend 2 days between Shirakawa-go and Takayama, then leave to Tokyo.

My plan is to take the 8:10 bus from Kanazawa arriving to Shirakawa-go at 9:25. Then in the afternoon I will reach Takayama. Next day I will take a bus from Takayama to Tokyo at 16:00.

My question is: how long should I stay in Shirakawa-go? From there to Takayama I was thinking of taking either a 13:35 bus arriving at 14:35, or a 14:40 bus arriving at 15:30. I don't want to rush Shirakawa-go, but at the same time I don't want to have too little time to see Takayama.
by David (guest)  

Re: Shirakawa-go and Takayama 2016/2/29 10:49
I found Shirakawa-go was easily done in a few hours. Unless you walk really slowly the four hours you have until the 13:35 bus is plenty of time.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go and Takayama 2016/3/2 12:52
I will be coming to ShirakawaGo from Kanazawa.
I am thinking of to spend at ShirakawaGo for half day, then go to Takayama, then return to Kanazawa on the same day.
Is it too ambitious and I will end up tired after that?
by bezita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go and Takayama 2016/5/18 21:30
For Shirakawa-go 3 hours is really enough! But Takayama is definitely worth more then an afternoon, better stay overnight and enjoy this beautiful town.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread