Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 11:57
Hello,

We're planning to go to Hirosaki on April, just in time for the full bloom forecast. However, we only want to see Hirosaki Castle due to our tight schedule. We're going to use our JR Pass for shinkansen but it still is a long trip. Is it possible to go there and return to Tokyo in one day? Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks!
by Marj (guest)  

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 12:20
It's a 4.5 hour oneway trip with the first departure around 6:30, so it's doable...

More info here:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3702.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 12:22
Hirosaki castle is not very pretty right now due to the construction work. That said, yes, it is possible of course, the first connection from Tokyo will get tou there around 10:30 (10:24 today), and the last one departs around 19:00 (18:49 today).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 14:21
Thanks for the reply guys!

How bad is it now? I looked at the pictures from hirosaki-kanko.or.jp and it appeared pretty decent even with scaffolds, though those pictures are probably not the latest. Also on its Japan Guide page it says the interior will reopen this April? It would be fine if we can't get into the castle but if the park itself and moats are open then I think it's worth the long trip. :D
by Marj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 14:36
Last time I was there was in January, basically the castle now sits in the middle of a grassy area, which I find awkward but maybe it's just me...

http://itsuki.fkraiem.org/stuff/IMG_20160109_113702.jpg
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 14:54
The castle keep is only a small part of the park and will not greatly affect a visit during the cherry blossom season. The moats are a far bigger attraction during this time.

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 14:54

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/3/3 20:43
Awkward indeed, but doesn't look as bad as I thought. Glad to know the park is big and beautiful enough that they'd be the main attraction now.

Thanks yllwsmrf and Firas!
by Marj (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Hirosaki in one day 2016/7/24 16:06
Dear friend
Could you please tell me what finally happened?

I mean if you did the 1 day trip to Hirosaki and if this is possible to do OR any other advise. Plan to do the same next year

Any help is welcome

Lois
by Lois (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread