Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

B mobile - Visitor Sim 14 days Unlimited 2016/3/6 21:48
Has anyone used the b-mobile visitor sim before?
If yes, how was the experience especially the speed.

Thank you.
by Zen (guest)  

Re: B mobile - Visitor Sim 14 days Unlimited 2016/3/8 15:14
I buy this for all my friends and family coming. Coverage is extremely good. I have a b-mobile contract as well and used it for Skype call back home to Europe from the summit of Mt. Fuji :)
by World Heritage Travel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile - Visitor Sim 14 days Unlimited 2016/3/11 23:11
But is it really LTE? Because the previous unlimited product was capped at 300kbps
by Jimbo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile - Visitor Sim 14 days Unlimited 2016/3/13 06:59
At least their product details page says "Best effort theoretical maximum speed" and that they could limit the bandwidth if you use over 1GB over three days. I would feel cheated if that meant 300kbps before hitting the limit.

http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/product.html

I think I might give it a go in few weeks. All my accommodations advertise wifi and I really just need some kind of connectivity. I can do just fine without streaming videos or anything that really requires bandwidth.
by Kaarlo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile - Visitor Sim 14 days Unlimited 2016/3/16 10:04
i think this is a relatively new product from B-mobile - as it wasn't an option from them last spring when i was in Japan.

There has been a fair bit of increased competition recently so I'm not surprised to see these companies start to offer better deals - after all we're paying probably double what a local would be paying, and far more than we would in out own countries.

They do throttle the service is you use more than 1gb of data in a 3 day period, so your not going to be streaming video on this, but it should be excellent value for normal tasks.

I will be ordering one of these for a trip in three weeks time so i should have experience of this product then.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile - Visitor Sim 14 days Unlimited 2016/3/16 18:19
They do throttle the service is you use more than 1gb of data in a 3 day period, so your not going to be streaming video on this, but it should be excellent value for normal tasks.

I believe they used to expressly prohibit streaming (as do most low speed unlimited data sims), but its no longer mentioned on their FAQ. The speeds are reportedly pretty slow though, so streaming is likely not going to work even if allowed.

There has been a fair bit of increased competition recently so I'm not surprised to see these companies start to offer better deals - after all we're paying probably double what a local would be paying, and far more than we would in out own countries.

The English advertised services charge a small premium, but the cheapest ones are pretty comparable to what locals pay. Note that you can get pretty much any offering that are sold to locals too as long as they are data-only.

i think this is a relatively new product from B-mobile - as it wasn't an option from them last spring when i was in Japan.

They've been offering this plan for a few years now. They also had a 1gb high speed version until recently, but it seems to have been discontinued.

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: B mobile - Visitor Sim 14 days Unlimited 2016/8/2 16:30
I am currently using the bmobile visitor sim. It was ordered online and delivered to my hotel, so very easy..
Coverage has been okay in Tokyo and Kyoto, only a few places eg metro, has not worked.
Speed however is very disappointing, 1-2 Mbps - loadtimes for websites is high..
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread