Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/9 01:43
My husband is an avid photographer and we read that Mount Wakakusa has one of the best night views in Japan. Since we'll be at Nara in April, we would really love to visit Mount Wakakusa in the late afternoon and watch the sunset and thereafter the night view from there. However, I saw that Mount Wakakusa closes at 5pm. I understand that we can drive up at night but we will not be driving. So I'm wondering if there is any route to walk down Mount Wakakusa at night. Hope someone can help. Really don't wish to miss out on this great view.
by jennjane  

Re: Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/9 17:42
There's a walking route starting at Kasugataisha Hondenmae(t“ú‘åŽÐ–{“a‘Ojbus stop via Mizuya Chaya Cafe near Mizuya Jinjya shrine(…’J_ŽÐj to the top of Mt. Wakakusayama.
You can follow the numbers shown in the website below:
‡J¨‡I¨‡H¨‡F¨‡G

http://narashikanko.or.jp/yukimegri/images/walking/pdf/E-1.pdf
by Hirohiroboy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/9 17:52
You can also refer to another website below:
The route starting at Cafe(’ƒ‰®j via restaurant(—·ŠÙjis the one you are looking for.

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/10 00:16
Thank you so much for letting me know of the alternative route. Looking forward to seeing the beautiful sunset and night view from Mount Wakakusa.
by jennjane rate this post as useful

Re: Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/10 06:03
Bring a torch or two just in case!
by John B digs Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/10 09:45
If you are scared of heights (like me), I'd walk up on the right hand side and down on the left. The left hand side is a much more gradual walk up, and you can hold on to the fence for part of it.

The right is fine to walk up, but I had a terrible time coming down it especially around the top. It has steep small stairs and no rails at all. I ended up scampering down like a crab, and I can tell you that it was pretty unpleasant both for me and anyone who was unfortunate enough to look.

The proper way is to start from the left and go over the hill to go down the right.

I dont know how late you can climb. The entry box was shut when I went last time (about 5.30AM, and pitch black in winter) but I left some money there and squeezed through the gate. Sunrise from the top of the hill was awesome.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/10 20:53
You can refer to another website below:
http://www.pref.nara.jp/29460.htm

This map is much better to distinguish the route (yellow green colored) which Lazy Pious is mentioning and the one(green colored) I am recommending which starts at "—V•à“¹“üŒû"
(promenade).
Yellow green colored route requires admission fee for 150 yen, however green colored promenade is no charge.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Descending mount wakakusa at night 2016/3/10 23:53
Thank you so much for your kind advice Hirohiroboy and Lazy Pious. Wish we could be there for the sunrise but we will not be staying in Nara unfortunately. Hoping for beautiful weather to see the sunset and the beautiful night view.
by jennjane rate this post as useful

reply to this thread