Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to stay overnight in Shimanami Kaido? 2016/3/17 20:31
Hi,

I'll be biking across Shimanami Kaido with my mum. We're not that fit, so I'd like to know around which area we should stay overnight? Also, should I book the place in advance (if I can find one) or book a day before at tourist information desk at Onomichi? (I read it somewhere that you can?)

Thanks in advance.

Lnight
by lnight  

Re: Where to stay overnight in Shimanami Kaido? 2016/3/18 15:39
We quite obviously can't tell you which area would be best for you without more details about your plans. In any case, not sure why you think this area is special, just book hotels like you normally do.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay overnight in Shimanami Kaido? 2016/3/18 18:59
Hi,

You could use this website for booking your hotel:
http://www.gambo-ad.com/english/area.php?ar=12

It displays many hotel/hostels/minshuku/ryokan along the way and you can book online.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay overnight in Shimanami Kaido? 2016/3/18 19:00
And about the advance booking or the day before, I guess it depends on your dates of travel. If you travel in August, particularly around the 15th, it will be the "obon" period and you should book in advance. Same for golden week, etc.
by AK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to stay overnight in Shimanami Kaido? 2016/3/19 08:10
@AK Thanks for the site. We'll be going around 11-13 April.
by lnight rate this post as useful

reply to this thread