Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama 2016/3/25 22:59
Hi,
I saw that you need to reserve seats/tickets while travelling by bus from Kanazawa to Shirakawago. On Nohi bus website it seems you need to call their offices, but I think I saw some post here that you can reserve them when you arrive Kanazawa train station.
Can someone confirm this, what would be the best option?

Thanks
by smaximo  

Re: Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama 2016/3/26 10:13
You can usually reserve on the spot at the departure point... if there are available seats.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama 2016/3/26 11:38
Yes, you can purchase the tickets when you arrive in Kanazawa if there are available seats.

We did this three years ago when we visited in early November. It was not the busy season and we were able to purchase the tickets as soon as we arrived in Kanazawa.
by Green Tea Latte rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama 2016/5/18 21:26
In April we did not get tickets (on Thursday) to any trip on the Saturday as we planned. So don't leave buying tickets to last moment. Bus ticket office is in station area.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama 2016/5/20 12:36
You can easily book tickets in advance by emailing the Shirakawa-go Tourist Association (info-e@shirakawa-go.gr.jp).

If you give them your name, the date and the time of the bus you want to take, and the number of passengers, they will make the booking for you and email you the booking details.

Take the email to the ticket office in Kanazawa when you arrive and pay for the tickets.
by Ausfam (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread