Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koyasan pilgramage trail 2016/3/27 10:34
Hi there,

I am visiting KOYASAN (temple stay) with my wife on NOV 15 of this year. We both like to nature walk and would love to do some in the very beautiful Kii mountains. I have read and watched a lot of material on different trails in the area and including the Kumano Kodo.

I am having difficulties trying to figure out a route that will fit into our itinerary, the logistics of staying overnight and trying and include some key shrines / lookouts.

We have factored in an overnight staying somewhere while doing the trek. i.e We will start in Koyasan in the morning after our temple stay and then walk for most of the day. (we are reasonably fit). We would then need to stay the night somewhere and continue trekking the next day to say early afternoon before having to head back to Osaka, where our luggage will be held in our hotel.

Any suggestions of routes, places to see, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. please keep in mind that it would be great if our trek ended near a train station that had access to get back to Osaka :)

Thank you kindly for any input :D
by AussieRonnie  

reply to this thread