Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/29 03:02
Hello...
Im planning to travel from Kagoshima to Tokyo by JR Pass.
But mostly the schedule i've seen arrived at Tokyo around at noon. Is there any night schedule that i can take so i can arrive at Tokyo in the morning?
Cause im planning to see the Shibazakura festival.
Or is there any station closer to the festival?
If so,how can i use my JR Pass to that station?
Is there any locker available in that station,considering i will be bring my bagage.
Thank you very much...
by Lady (guest)  

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/29 09:49
Is there any night schedule that i can take so i can arrive at Tokyo in the morning?

No, there are no night trains:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2356.html

Cause im planning to see the Shibazakura festival.
Or is there any station closer to the festival?

The closest shinkansen station to the festival site is Shin-Fuji Station (V•xŽm) from where there are infrequent buses:
http://www.shibazakura.jp/liner/

If so,how can i use my JR Pass to that station?

You can use the pass as far as Shin-Fuji, but it does not cover the bus.

Is there any locker available in that station,considering i will be bring my bagage.

Virtually all stations have coin lockers, especially shinkansen stations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/30 09:31
Although there are no night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo. but according to schedule there is night trains leaving from Kagoshima,but it will stop at shin osaka around midnight then i have to transit there then leave again from shin osaka in the morning. is this correct?

Thank you very much for your information before...its very helpful.
😊😊😊
by Lady (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/30 10:04
Yes, there is a night train from Osaka to Tokyo. Reservations are mandatory. One type of compartment (nobinobi compartment) is fully covered by the Japan Rail Pass, however, it is popular and is often booked out. Other compartments will cost a supplement fee that is likely more expensive than the lowest airfares from Kagoshima to Tokyo.

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/30 14:39
In that case you might as well take the night train all the way from Okayama (or at least that's what I would do...). Shinkansens are not usually considered "night trains" since they don't operate between midnight and 6am.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/31 01:14
thank you very much for the information,friends...
very helpful 👍👍👍

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/31 06:20
If you cannot get a nobi nobi berth which is covered by the JR pass. Then it will cost a lot more than flying. Most airlines like JAL for example offer 10,000 flights for non Japanese visitors.
by Ryan T (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/31 08:49
Just for your information, the supplement you would have to pay for a berth on the Sunrise night train would be between 9,500 and 17,000 yen depending on the berth type.

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/31 08:53
Jetstar Japan often offers one-way flights for around 7000 yen (plus around 2000 yen for airport access).

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/3/31 14:12
Plus about 2000 for luggage as well... However, discounted tickets should be available at some point.

In general, all LCCs have relatively frequent sales periods, so if possible one should always wait for them to buy tickets, with the caveat that discount fares generally do not apply to high-demand periods such as weekends and holidays. One can register to the companies's e-mail newsletters to get the announcements, but only Peach has a newsletter in English (Jetstar and Vanilla have one in Japanese only).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is there night trains from Kagoshima to Tokyo 2016/4/5 00:10
thank you very much,friends...
the informations are very helpful.

regards
😊

reply to this thread