Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyko to Kyoto 2016/4/4 05:24
I wish to travel from Toyko to Kyoto on the 28th April and return to Toyko on the 3rd May. Which is the cheapest and best route during this busy period.
by pat (guest)  

Re: Toyko to Kyoto 2016/4/4 11:05
Actually, none of those two should be particularly busy. What transportation methods are you willing to consider? Cheapest will probably be LCC flights.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Toyko to Kyoto 2016/4/4 17:48
Thanks Firas. Had not considered flying. Is LCC a budget airline? Looked at the night bus and a Japan rail pass but both websites state that this is a very busy period.
by Pat (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyko to Kyoto 2016/4/4 17:55
LCC stands for Low Cost Carrier, which is another term for Budget airlines.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyko to Kyoto 2016/4/4 18:18
Thanks Ami. looked at LCCs but the nearest airport to Kyoto is approx 1 hour. Tourist pass on bus has a blackout period 28th April to 8th May, which just leaves Japan rail pass which I would not fully use.

Re: Toyko to Kyoto 2016/4/5 01:41
Overnight bus from Willer Express would be the cheapest option. Japan Bus Pass from Willer would not work for blackout but you can still buy regular tickets.
Pros would be you save a night hotel because your sleeping on the bus to Kyoto and it is cheap.
Cons would be its not that comfortable, you cant sleep, and you probably feel tired to travel around after you arrive.

Second option is Shinkansen at regular price as the Japan Rail Pass would not pay off.
Pros would be comfortable ride and only a few hours ride. You can also start touring right away after you arrive.
Cons would be it is expensive.

Hope this helps!!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Toyko to Kyoto 2016/4/5 03:58
Many thanks for all your responses. I ma looking forward to my sojourn in Japan

reply to this thread