Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry blossom Takayama 4/13-15 2016/4/4 15:18
Hi, what are my chances of catching the best viewing of cherry blossom in Takayama about Apr 13-15? I have been following the cherry blossom report on Japan-guide.com. I am planning to come to Japan for cherry blossom. Also is it better I come Osaka and get to Takayama? Thank you.
by Harmony Ow  

Re: Cherry blossom Takayama 4/13-15 2016/4/5 01:23
Right now it is schedule to be full bloom around Apr 15 but of course that could change at anytime to later or earlier depending on weather.
You can get to Takayama from Tokyo or Osaka. It is almost around the same time to get there.

Hope that helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom Takayama 4/13-15 2016/4/9 22:44
Hey, I'm also planning to fly in and see the blossoms at Takayama. It also seems that the San'o Festival will also be on 14-15/4 according to Wikitravel, no idea if that's accurate or not.
I will be flying in and out of Nagoya as its closer and also cheaper.
Shall we pal up? I've been to Takayama and Nagoya in Dec 2015, so I know my way around. Email me at ellyse99ATyahoo.com and we can discuss?
by Ellyse (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom Takayama 4/13-15 2016/4/10 08:17
Indeed, the highly popular Takayama Festival will be held April 14-15. The city will be packed, transportation there crowded and all hotels booked out.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom Takayama 4/13-15 2016/4/10 17:07
all hotels booked out

Unless I'm getting something wrong, there seems to still be many available rooms, albeit at slightly inflated prices... http://bit.ly/1SpgKbO
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom Takayama 4/13-15 2016/4/10 18:55
Wow, that is very surprising!
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread