Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10D Osaka/Kyoto/Shirakawago Itinerary 2016/4/6 03:01
I am planning my first trip to Japan, will be going to Osaka.
This is my itinerary..Can anyone let me know if this is ok? My plan for Kyoto is still quite rough and not decided where else to go on the last day. My flight back is at 11.30pm from Kansai.
We will be staying around Shisabashi area and base on my itinerary, so what kind of pass should I buy? when to activate?

22 Dec - Day 1 chk in Osaka
23 Dec - Day 2 USJ
24 Dec - Day 3 Osaka castle, Umeda Sky budiling, aquarium, tempozan ferries wheel, Namba
25 Dec - Day 4 Kobe (for beef, optional or Kuromon Market), Nara, Dotonbori, Shinsaibashi, Den Den Town
26 Dec - Day 5 Tayakama
27 Dec - Day 6 Shirakawago
28 Dec - Day 7 Kanazawa
29 Dec - Day 8 Kyoto Kiyomizu-dera temple, Gion and Higashiyama
30 Dec - Day 9 Nishiki market, Fushimi inari, Arashiyama bamboo grove
31 Dec - Day 10 Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji (not completed)
by bbbear  

Re: 10D Osaka/Kyoto/Shirakawago Itinerary 2016/4/6 22:33
A few thoughts...

1: Day 4 - are you really planning to do Kobe, Nara and more Osaka sightseeing on one day or was this a variety of options? In your place, I would forget Kobe and do a day trip to Nara.

2: Coming from Osaka, I'd probably change the order of days 5, 6 & 7 do do Kanazawa, Shirakawago, Takayama.

3: Swap around Days 9 & 10:
Day 9: Fushimi Inari, Nishiki Market, Nijo Castle
Day 10: Kinkakuji, Arashiyama

4: On Day 8, I would also add in the Philosopher's Path. There are some very interesting temples along the way apart from Ginkakuji & Nanzenji at either end. I especially recommend Honen-in.

5: On Day 10, you could also add in Ryoanji and Ninnaji as both are near Kinkakuji

Hope this helps!
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: 10D Osaka/Kyoto/Shirakawago Itinerary 2016/4/7 00:21
For the date you are in Osaka, here is a suitable discount pass for your reference: https://www.welcomekansai.com/guide/special-discount-ticket-traveling-...

For your days in Kyoto, I think Kyoto Sightseeing 2 days would be better.
by HGMaster rate this post as useful

Re: 10D Osaka/Kyoto/Shirakawago Itinerary 2016/4/7 12:22
Hi Saru Bob,

Thanks for your advise! I will adjust my itineary :)
In this case, which pass should I purcahse? takayama hokuriku pass? it seems like the pass may not be able to cover my return trip to Kansai Airport..

Hi HGM Master,
thank you for the link, I will explore.
Do you mean Kyoto sight seeing just 2 days is enough?
by bbbear rate this post as useful

Re: 10D Osaka/Kyoto/Shirakawago Itinerary 2016/4/7 16:30
I think Kyoto Day 2 is bare. It can be better.
Those three locations may be far apart, but Kyoto is a small city with a good transport network. Also Fushimi Inari does not close and In doubt the bamboo grove in Arashiyama does either.
Might want to start your day with Golden Pavillion and Ryoanji.
Have lunch and spend some time in Arashiyama.
Spend the evening, sunset, at Fushimi Inari.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread