Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan itinerary 2016/4/7 13:00
Hi there,

I have a plan to visit Japan and draft my itinerary as followed:

Day 1
Arrive Narita 8 am & Leave Narita 11.15 am and go to Osaka
After c/in, go Minami (Namba), Shinsaibashi and Dotonbori

Day 2
USJ

Day 3
Nara to Todaiji Temple and Osaka Castle

Day 4
Kyoto Morning to Kinkakuji Temple and Ninnaji Temple
Kyoto Afternoon to Arashiyama by SAGANO Line

Day 5
Kyoto to Kiyomizudera Temple and Higashiyama and Ginkakuji Temple

Day 6
Post luggage to Narita Airport and c/out 8 am and To Tokyo by JR Pass
Arrive Tokyo, go to c/in at Intercontinental Tokyo and go to Asakusa, Takeya in Ueno

Day 7
Harajuku, Shibuya and Meiji Shrine

Day 8
c/out 8 am and go Narita Temple and Aeon. Head to Narita A/P over night there for departure 9 am

Q 1 : I wanna visit Great Buddha at Kamakura too but not sure where to adjust this in?

Q 2 : Should I stay overnight in Tokyo and leave early morning to take flight at Narita airport ETD 9 am or should I leave with my day 8 plan? As i am afraid I will not have any transportation in early morning to airport

Q 3 : When I take JR from Tokyo to Osaka, any chance to see Mount Fuji?

Q 4 : Any recommendation or adjustment I should change?

Thank you very much

Rose
by Mathurose  

Re: Japan itinerary 2016/4/7 13:54
Q 2 : Should I stay overnight in Tokyo and leave early morning to take flight at Narita airport ETD 9 am or should I leave with my day 8 plan? As i am afraid I will not have any transportation in early morning to airport

I was in a similar situation before where my flight out of Narita was at 9:00am. We did go to Narita and stayed at a hotel near the airport the night before our flight. I believe the earliest NEX train to Narita leaves at 6:18am from Tokyo Station and arrives at Narita at 7:18am. Personally, that sounds like cutting it too close.

Q 3 : When I take JR from Tokyo to Osaka, any chance to see Mount Fuji?

Depends on your luck. I've taken the Kyoto to Tokyo shinkansen 3 times and never saw Mt Fuji due to fog or rain. What's also difficult is determining which part of your train journey you happen to be nearest My Fuji. I've never figured that out. I've also taken a trip to Hakone and the weather was also bad that day. The one and only time I've seen Mt Fuji was when our plane was climbing from Haneda airport. Our lovely pilot was kind enough to point it out to us.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan itinerary 2016/4/7 16:37
Thank you very much Khun Omi
by Mathurose rate this post as useful

reply to this thread