Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9D8N Osaka-Kyoto-Fukui Trip in June 2016 2016/4/7 14:30
This is the first time self-planned itinerary . Hope to get answers concerning the time & cost for JR pass & other transportation as follows:

D1 Kaisai Airport to Shin-Osaka - by JR Express Haruka/Icoca Disc 1300yen(50min)

D2. Osaka - by Saturday by using One Day Eco Card 600 yen
- Osaka Castle, Tenjibashi-suji , Shinsekai (all subways)

D3 Osaka to Kinkakuji/Ryoayi/Ninnaji (Kyoto) in the morning - by JR Tokaido-San + Bus #101(1hr 23min)- 790yen

Afternoon from Ninnaji to Tenruji/Bamboo Groove/Togetstukyo Bridge(Arashiyama) - by Keifuku Dent. + Bus #93 (37min) - 400 yen

Kyoto Station Building from Arashiyama - JR San-In Line (30min)
(240yen)

Back to Shin-Osaka - JR Tokaido-San (23min) (560yen)

D4. Shin- Osaka to Ginkakuji/Philosopher 's path/Nanzenji/Heian/Yasaka/Kodaiji/Higashiyama/Kiyomizuradera - by JR Tokaido-San + Bus #100 (1 hr 9 min) (790yen)

Stay in Gion area

D5. Kyoto to Fukui - from Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae subway- Fukui Station - JR Express Thunderbird (1 hr 30min) (4600 yen)

Fukui Prectural Dinosaur Museum -by Echizen Railway -Mikuni Awara line (21 min) + walk 13min (130yen)

Eiheiji Temple- by Echizen Railway + Keifuku Bus+walk (1 hr}(? yen)

Check in hotel in Fukui -by Echizen Railway (45min)+ Keifuku Bus + walk (? yen)

D6. Tojinbo- from Fukui Station by JR Houriku line(18min) + Keifuku Bus (45min) + walk (320 yen + 750 yen)

Mikuni Minato Za - by Keifuku bus (15min) + walk (? yen)

Awara- Yunomachi Station -by Echizen Railway (15min) +walk (? yen)

Travel back to Shin-Osaka Station - by JR Echizen Railway -Mikuni-Awara Line Thunderbird ( 3 hr 7 min) (6900 yen)

( For Fukui trip,
-may I know the earliest JR Express Thunderbird from station near Shin-Osaka? What time is the last Thunderbird from Awara-Yunomachi Station to Shin-Osaka?

-are Echizen Railway and Keifuku bus covered by the Kansai WIDE Area Pass?

- how to check the bus/railway travelling schedule and the cost for the places I planned to visit as above? They are limited. I need to time the visit time in order to catch the last train back to Osaka.)

D7. Osaka - by Subway Midosuji line from Shin-Osaka Station (total cost 800yen)

- Osaka Station City/Kamigata Ukiyae Museum/Namba Park/Dotobori/Houzenji/Shinsaibashi/Ebisubashi-suji

D8. Morning to Minoh Quasi National Park(Umeda) - by Sunway Midosuji line (6min) (240yen) + Hankyu Takarazuka line + train at Ishibashi station to Hankyu Mono line (25min) (260 yen)--2 ways

Umeda shopping in the afternoon & night - Subway Midosuji (240yen)

D9. Departure from Shin-Osaka to Kansai Airport - JR Express "Haruka" (50min) (3000yen)

After viewing this , could you kindly advice me whether to use my Unlimited Ride Tickets offered for Kansai WIDE Area Pass (5 days) - 8500 yen beginning from Day 5 when I start to travel to Fukui and end Day 9 when I use it for my JR travelling to Kansai Airport.

D3 & D4 in Kyoto , is it good to purchase 2 days tickets(2000yen) for sightseeing in Kyoto or other passes which are suitable for my travel?

Your valuable feedback to this request is highly appreciated.

Thank you

by SFwong  

Re: 9D8N Osaka-Kyoto-Fukui Trip in June 2016 2016/4/7 15:07
Train schedules: Hyperdia.
Bus schedules: companies' websites, and the Arukumachi site in Kyoto.

The Kansai Wide pass is valid on JR trains only.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N Osaka-Kyoto-Fukui Trip in June 2016 2016/4/7 22:07
There is a Thunderbird train departing from Shin-Osaka Station at 6:34am that arrives at Fukui Station at 8:28am. That is the earliest possible arrival time.

To get back to Shin-Osaka from AwaraYunomachi Station, the latest train you can take is the 8:19pm train to Fukui to catch the Thunderbird that arrives at Shin-Osaka Station at 11:23pm.

by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N Osaka-Kyoto-Fukui Trip in June 2016 2016/4/8 00:52
It's all a matter of personal choice of course but I was at Tojinbo a week or so ago and I personally don't feel that it would be a good use of your time and money to go there. I had a car and it was easy enough to access but really.. it's just some cliffs over the sea... nothing of particular interest unless perhaps you come from an area far from the sea and have never seen cliffs before.

That said, I was surprised by the crowds of Chinese speakers there and - judging from your name - I guess you are too so perhaps this place is particularly well known to Chinese?

At any rate, apart from spending a few minutes looking at the cliffs and perhaps a few more browsing the souvenir shops (all of which pretty much sell exactly the same things), that's all Tojinbo has to offer. In your place, I'd forget your plan for day 6 and think of something else to do!
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N Osaka-Kyoto-Fukui Trip in June 2016 2016/4/8 03:03
Thank you for all the replies.

Rabbityama, what is the next train after 6.34am? An hour later more? Is there any Thunderbird takes off from AwaraYunomachi Station around 6.19pm? How frequent the train runs?

Saru Bob, I follow the special feature of Fukui from the latest travel booklet promoted in my country lately. I prefer not to drive and might just cycle around the AwaraYunomachi Area. What are the other interesting places would you suggest to visit? I am going with my family of young adults. Is there any Echizen crab in this season? I believe the good season is in the winter.

So, it Is worthwhile to purchase the 5 Days Unlimited Ride Kansai WIDE Area Pass (8500 yen) starts from my Day 5 ( Kyoto to Fukui) and until the end of my trip Day 9 , ends at Kansai Airport before I come to Japan.

Except on Saturday by using the Osaka Eco Card, The rest of the days in Kyoto and Osaka , I just purchase individual tickets for subway, bus etc.

Please feel free to comment again. Thank you.

by SFwong (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N Osaka-Kyoto-Fukui Trip in June 2016 2016/4/8 06:58
D3 Osaka to Kinkakuji/Ryoayi/Ninnaji (Kyoto) in the morning - by JR Tokaido-San + Bus #101(1hr 23min)- 790yen

Afternoon from Ninnaji to Tenruji/Bamboo Groove/Togetstukyo Bridge(Arashiyama) - by Keifuku Dent. + Bus #93 (37min) - 400 yen

Kyoto Station Building from Arashiyama - JR San-In Line (30min)
(240yen)

Back to Shin-Osaka - JR Tokaido-San (23min) (560yen)

I would use the Hankyu Kyoto/Arashiyama Lines and #59 bus for this day. A lot quicker and cheaper. 370 yen each way on the Hankyu train, and you are then dropped off in the centre of Arashiyama.

by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 9D8N Osaka-Kyoto-Fukui Trip in June 2016 2016/4/8 07:05
Kansai WIDE Area Pass does not include Fukui in it's area of use.

Since you are traveling short distances. I'm doubtful most passes will have any value for you.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread