Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido flower fields 2016/4/7 17:42
Hello, I'll be in Hokkaido from June 2nd to the 10th. Will be in Hakkodate from 2-3rd.

I was hoping to get some help on an itinerary and transportation help for visiting:

1-biei
2-tomita farm
3-furano lavendar field
4-Cheese factory
5-Takunoue Park moss field
6-Kamiyabetsu Tulip Park
7-Wakannai, cape soya

would it be better to stay in Sapporo and find a tour?
Or is it better to base in Asahikawa?
Is it possible to see #1-4 in a day?
Is it possible to see #5-6 in a day?

Any help with trains/buses/ lodging recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
by akairingo2  

Re: Hokkaido flower fields 2016/4/13 00:27
Alright, here is what I work out based on 2 modes of transportation.

Self drive car
1-4 can be done in a day. Cheese factory cannot be done in a day IF you're going to sign up for a workshop, otherwise, it can be done in an hour or less. The flower fields are pretty much just viewing so it would be rather quick, let's say about 2-3 hours. Then if you're having a break at Tomita farm, that would add up to an hour?
5-6 in a day is not possible. Do it on 2 separate days.

Train/Bus
1-4 may not be possible and it will be too rushed. Do it separately. 5-6 may probably take you 2.5 to 3 days. Check out their summer tour twinkle bus to see if it's available during that period. Use hyperdia to guide you in planning. The timetable changes so make sure to keep yourself updated even to the day you're there.

Lodging - if budget isn't an issue, I would just hit whichever ryokan or hotels that are not booked out. Also, you may want to consider overnight in Furano or Biei.

I can't really help much because I'm heading over to Hokkaido on the 16th. I'm going to see check out what else is there to share and will update this thread. If anyone else has more stuff to share, it would be better, I'm an amateur at this. :)
by lynnkaylen rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido flower fields 2016/4/26 18:22
So I just came back. June would relatively be a good time to see flowers in flower area. Cheese factory workshop, you can get your hotel to book one class and you can book other classes on the spot 15 minutes before the class. I have the brochure but it's all in Japanese only. If you wish to have a look at it, I can drop you an email of the scanned copy. I went to Blue Pond, I kept a copy of the bus timings as well. Lodging wise, I did mine through Booking.com.
by lynnkaylen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread