Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to travel Fuji Five Lakes to Kiso Valley 2016/4/9 15:37
Hi I am looking to travel from Tokyo- Fujigoko- Kiso valley- Nagoya this June over a few days.... by looking at other forum questions the recommended route seems to be: Fuji Five Lakes - (bus, train and train via Kofu and Shiojiri) - Kiso Valley

However where can I get detailed time and cost info on buses/trains between Fuji five lakes and Kiso valley? I only googled it and put it in google maps but got no results. Please help.

Would it be a better idea to travel from Tokyo - Fuji Five lakes - Tokyo - Nagoya - Kiso Valley?
by els (guest)  

Re: How to travel Fuji Five Lakes to Kiso Valley 2016/4/9 15:44
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: How to travel Fuji Five Lakes to Kiso Valley 2016/4/9 15:48
However where can I get detailed time and cost info on buses/trains between Fuji five lakes and Kiso valley?

The Kawaguchiko-Kofu bus timetable:
http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/rosen/detail/id/8

The lower table is for buses from Fujisan Station via Kawaguchiko Station to Kofu:
xmRw = Fujisan Station
͌Ήw = Kawaguchiko Station
b{w = Kofu Station South Exit
b{wk = Kofu Station North Exit

The buses marked with a black triangle operate only on regular weekdays. They do not operate on weekends and national holidays.

The train timetables from Kofu to the Kiso Valley (Narai, Nagiso and Nakatsugawa Stations are the closest stations to Narai, Tsumago and Magome respectively):
http://www.hyperdia.com/

Would it be a better idea to travel from Tokyo - Fuji Five lakes - Tokyo - Nagoya - Kiso Valley?

I don't think so. It would be much slower and more expensive.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: How to travel Fuji Five Lakes to Kiso Valley 2016/4/9 16:23
Uji, thank you so much for your help! May I know if it is easy to get bus tickets from Fuijsan/ Kawaguchi to Kofu and then train onwards to Kiso? Can I just get directly from the tickets counters (in English) on the day or do I have to reserve tickets?

Do you know how long this route will take approximately?
by els (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread