Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Car park around Noboribetsu Onsen Dori area? 2016/4/10 16:17
Hello there, I'm planning to visit Noboribetsu next week, thinking of taking a walk along Noboribetsu Dori. I have been searching around on the Google Map, but I don't see any car park at all. I'm wondering normally when people go to this area, where do they park please? I don't stay in Noboribetsu, just stop over, so can't park at the hotel and walk.

Many thanks.
by Red Eagle 112  

Re: Car park around Noboribetsu Onsen Dori area? 2016/4/10 16:41
The paid public parking lot is located just next to the Jigokudani, centered on the following map:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.496074,141.1450683,159m/data=!3m1!1e3
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Car park around Noboribetsu Onsen Dori area? 2016/4/10 17:14
Thank you very much Uji, I just could not see the wood for the trees :p

I saw the other one, in case that one you recommended is full, what about this one here? The sign has got three prices: 1,000, 520 and 200 yens, what do those characters mean please? Am I allowed to park here as well?

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@42.4920949,141.1446973,3a,48.5y,86.43h,...

Thank you very much.
by Red Eagle 112 rate this post as useful

Re: Car park around Noboribetsu Onsen Dori area? 2016/4/10 18:24
One thing you could do is to visit a hotel. Hot spring day visitors (people who don't stay the night but only use the hot springs thus 'Hot spring' and 'day')
In this way you only have to pay for the bath.
After which you can do a walk about of the noboribetsu onsen area.
Why visit without dipping into the baths?

The image you showed is more for the hikers. It is on a slope up from the hell valley. I have seen some cars there though mostly coaches.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Car park around Noboribetsu Onsen Dori area? 2016/4/10 18:39
Thanks for your help, jh. The reason is that I will stay in Toya a night before, of course I will have the onsen there. I will stop over in Noboribetsu on the way back to Chitose for Jigokudani only.

I was thinking of spending a night in Noboribetsu as well, but I decided to choose Toya instead as I could enjoy onsen in Toya with remarkable view of the lake at the same time.

Thanks for your advice : )

Re: Car park around Noboribetsu Onsen Dori area? 2016/4/10 19:01
520 yen is for regular cars. 1000 yen for buses. 200 yen for 2-wheeled vehicles.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Car park around Noboribetsu Onsen Dori area? 2016/4/10 19:42
Thanks, Uji. I'll go with the one you recommended first, this one just in case.

reply to this thread