Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/10 18:52
What would be the bare minimum time to spend in Okinawa/Naha to just get a feel for it being different to both mainland Japan and the colder climates I'm used to at home? AIrfares are temptingly cheap, and I've never been to a tropical climate. I don't think I'd venture too far beyond Naha unless it's just a typical large-ish city.
by bluejeans  

Re: Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/10 20:29
To go to Okinawa from Nara, you must use the airplane.
I recommend that you use the Kobe Airport.
Where I was examined, about 1500 yen to Kobe Airport, it airfare will be added.
Airfare, for example, in the case of JAL, soon You will be cheap enough to be reserved, I think that it is also possible to 10000 yen if the use of the "LCC".

Okinawa is warm, but the coming season, a rainy day there are many.
For example, once the Japanese had done well in "Miyazaki Ken".
In the sense that warm, I also recommend the "Seto Inland Sea Area".
It is a sunny day there are many, fish is also delicious no less in Okinawa.
You can enjoy a day trip from the Nara if the "Seto Inland Sea Area".
by Takakage rate this post as useful

Re: Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/10 20:33
Would Kagoshima have a similar climate?
by bluejeans rate this post as useful

Re: Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/10 21:44
It depends on what it means to you to "feel the difference", but if you just want to go to the prefectural museum, visit Shuri Castle, and watch one of the live shows of traditional songs and dances, you could do that as a weekend trip, and all of those are in Naha.

Okinawa World and Ryukyu Mura are also ways to quickly try and get an understanding of the local culture. Visiting spiritual sites is yet another way. Obviously, the longer you're there, the more you can see, do, and learn about.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/11 03:57
We've just got back from there.
The main island is big, and to see some beaches and more of the sites ( basically- to go outside Naha city) will take time and you may want a car.

We spent two nights in Naha and then went on to Ishigaki, and for me that was excellent- the beaches on Ishigaki were wonderful, even at this time of year, but you did need a car to see them.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/11 04:23
Naha is nice. It has some interesting sites but you will definitely want to get out and explore at least Okinawa Hanto (the main island). You can see all Naha has to offer in two days (and really that's at a leisurely pace).
by [] (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/11 20:34
Does that mean that it is Okinawa?
Okinawa is a subtropical climate, Kagoshima also south of the island is similar.
However, North of Kagoshima (Kyushu) is a little different. Winter is sometimes snow.
by Takakage rate this post as useful

Re: Bare minimum stay for Okinawa/Naha? 2016/4/12 11:04
@Takakage: Why is Kagoshima south of the island? Okinawa is north of Kagoshima?
Do you mean Kagoshima is in the southern part of Kyushu island?
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread