Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Love Hotel/Manga Kissa in Osaka 2016/4/11 23:11
I will be traveling to Japan with my gf sometime next year. We really want to try out a love hotel because some of them have nice jacuzzi baths, spacious rooms and interesting decorations, not to mention that it is kind of unique in Japan. However, unfortunately most good budget ones cannot be booked ahead of time. We are a little worried about not being able to find a room on the night of the stay while carrying luggages. Also we don't speak a word of Japanese (although we can read Kanji characters) and so I need to understand a little more about the logistics of securing a room/paying.

This is what I understand about the process. You walk into a hotel and there should be a screen displaying the empty rooms. You pick the one you want and the room you selected would be dimmed on the screen. But then, what is the next step if there is no attendant? Do you pay at an automated machine in the lobby or do you just find your room, enter, and pay an automated machine inside the room? Do you pay when you leave?

Specifically there are a few locations such as Juso, Umeda, Namba. In case this doesn't work out, are there manga kissa's around the area that you would recommend as a plan B (so we at least have a place to sleep)?

Thanks!
by AT (guest)  

Re: Love Hotel/Manga Kissa in Osaka 2016/4/12 12:24
Not exactly sure of the Love hotels in Osaka but in Tokyo they are concentrated in specific areas and there are too many of them, Unless its a Friday usually they don't run out of rooms. In fact its fun to walk into different one and check the picture of room and select one that attracts you

Also there is always an attendant present. In some cases you pay directly in an automated machine in the room, the instruction would be in Japanese but its pretty intuitive. worst case just remember few words like "I need help" and you can call attendant through intercom in the room
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Love Hotel/Manga Kissa in Osaka 2016/4/14 13:45
In case we cannot find a suitable love hotel room in the middle of the night, do you have any recommendations for manga kissa around the Juso/Umeda area? Thanks!
by AT (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Love Hotel/Manga Kissa in Osaka 2016/4/14 17:15
Hi, there is some love hotel in Umeda area. Hope this be helpful for you: http://happyhotel.jp/searchHotelArea.act?area_id=529006051
by HGMaster rate this post as useful

Re: Love Hotel/Manga Kissa in Osaka 2016/4/17 12:19
For finding love hotels, I would recommend you to download the free app "Couples Navi" for Android (not sure if it is available on iPhone). It has a built-in computer translation and easy search function. The prices for rooms are more expensive during night than daytime.

Like already mentioned, there is always someone around at the reception (just ring the bell), but you shouldn't be needing their services. Also be aware that most of the staff won't be speaking English or won't accept you if they think that you cannot communicate in Japanese.
BUT because of the easy process it shouldn't be neccessary to talk with the staff at all.
Just pick the room you like by pressing the button, eventually pick up the key from the front desk and go to your room. When you leave, you either pay at a machine in the room, the lobby, or at the front desk when returning the key.
Hope this helps.
by deb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Love Hotel/Manga Kissa in Osaka 2016/4/17 18:30
Most of love hotels in Osaka are located on an area between Tennôji and Sennichimae-suji.
The best way to reach them is to find Tanimachikyuchome station, exit N3 and follow Tanimachi-suji.
The first love hotel (City Angel) is on the first street on your right, just after the small Toji-ji temple.
by Fuchan69 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Love Hotel/Manga Kissa in Osaka 2016/4/18 00:02
Thanks everyone for your help. Is the area around Tennoji dangerous at night? That was my impression reading from blogs and that's why I'm thinking the Umeda/Juso area would be safer
by AT (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread