Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mount Fuji 2016/4/14 03:20
Hello,
We will stay in Tokyo for 3days in jun and will departure to Kyoto
should i take one day go to see Mount Fuji or wait until we are on the way to Kyoto?
I did some search on the web and some said mount fuji can see on the way to Kyoto by bullet train, I don't want to miss to see Mount fuji on my trip.
Appreciate your suggestion advise.
Thanks
by Thanhho  

Re: Mount Fuji 2016/4/14 16:02
Seeing Mt Fuji from the shinkansen between Kyoto and Tokyo is a matter of luck. I've taken that train 3 times already and on all those trips the weather was foggy or rainy. I've also taken a sidetrip to Hakone/Mt Fuji and on that day it was also foggy. The only time I've seen Mt Fuji was when our plane was climbing up from Haneda airport.

Also, when you're on the train it's hard to determine when you're nearest Mt Fuji. They don't tell you on the train that Mt Fuji is already viewable.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2016/4/14 16:49
Go to Kawaguchi/Fuji Five Lakes region for a day trip.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2016/4/14 16:55
Thank you All!!
I will take a day trip.
by Thanhho rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2016/4/15 00:06
If passing by shinkansen, make sure to get a seat on the right side by window, or go look out at the entrance/exit door window.

You could use a GPS to determine your location. I did use one to see how fast the train was going and it worked pretty well.

If going west by Shinkansen you should prepare to see Fuji after leaving Odawara station about 20 minutes after leaving. The travel time between Odawara and Shizuka station is about 50 minutes and Fuji is about halfway. There are trains (Kodama?) that stop at more stations along the way like Atami, Mishima and Shin-Fuji. In that case, prepare to look after leaving Mishima but before Shin-Fuji.
by Johnny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mount Fuji 2016/4/15 01:32
I might have go on the day i go to kyoto.
How do we get to mt fuji from tokyo and from there to Kyoto? (by bullet train)
by Thanhho rate this post as useful

reply to this thread