Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/18 15:44
I will be in Tokyo fr 22-27 May. Is it too late to view the wisteria and the shibazakura? Any tours going to view the flowers during that period?
by lily (guest)  

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/18 16:15
Shibazakura in Chichibu (Hitsujiyama Park) will be over. The Kawaguchiko (the one near Fuji) shibazakura festival is on until May 29, so you might have a chance.

Wisteria: not any more in Tokyo. You'd be able to see some flowers in Ashikaga Flower Park, but their festival is UNTIL May 22.
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/18 16:37
Thank you for your quick response. Does this mean that it is no point making a trip to Ashikaga Flower park on 23/3? Or are there any other flowers there worth going for?
by lily (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/18 18:35
That's a flower park, so there will be other flowers like rhododendron

http://www.ashikaga.co.jp/flower/index.html
by ...... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/26 13:30
I read there's Kameido Tenjin Shrine Wisteria Festival. May I know this is until when? I'll be there 2nd week of May 2016.
by skpooh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/26 20:04
skpooh, this year the festival ends on 5/5. If you arrive at the very beginning of the second week, say on 5/8 or 5/9 you MAY still be able to see the tail end of the flowers, but later in that week they may already be over.

http://kameidotenjin.or.jp/info/
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/27 12:21
How can I check the bloom progress at the Shrine. Tried emailing them but no response.
by skpooh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/27 23:21
Unless they post some pictures or news on the site, there's not any current info about the festival. They don't seem to post anything on social media either; since they're a shrine, the flowers are secondary so they don't keep people updated on them like the flower parks usually do.

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/28 11:17
Hello! Im here in japan. Can someone help me how to access hitsujiyama park in chichibu from shinjuku?
by feyee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/28 11:23
The closet JR stations SEIBU-CHICHIBU and take 20 min walk.
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/28 11:24
Can post some picture when u are there ?
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: Wisteria and Shibazakura 2016/4/28 11:57
Please note Seibu and JR are different companies. You cannot get to Chichibu by JR trains. Transfer at Ikebukuro to the Seibu Line Limited Express Chichibu, which takes about 80 minutes and costs about 1500 yen. Please note that all seats on the Limited Express Chichibu are reserved, but you can buy your ticket and make the seat reservation beforehand or pay on the train.

reply to this thread