Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asahikawa Airport to Furano in September 2016/4/23 06:33
Hello,
I will be traveling to Japan from Mid-Sept to Oct. From what I've read, buses and public transportation between Asahikawa Airport to Furano are mostly only available in summer.
What are my public transportation options to see the area? I can't drive a car & I don't think cycling is a good option for me (health issues).
If I arrive at Asahikawa airport at about 10am & return back to Tokyo at 6pm, will I have enough time to visit the Blue Pond, Shirogane Onsen area ( picture only, not staying for baths) and the flower fields in Furano?
Thank you in advance for any input!
by SoloWalker (guest)  

Re: Asahikawa Airport to Furano in September 2016/4/23 08:28
From what I've read, buses and public transportation between Asahikawa Airport to Furano

Buses connecting the airport with Furano run around the year, but other public transportation for tourists in the Biei and Furano area is very bad outside the summer months. The basics are explained here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6829.html

If I arrive at Asahikawa airport at about 10am & return back to Tokyo at 6pm, will I have enough time to visit the Blue Pond, Shirogane Onsen area ( picture only, not staying for baths) and the flower fields in Furano?

This is very difficult without a car because of the infrequent and inconvenient public transportation in the area. It is expensive and it may be difficult in English, but you could consider hiring a taxi for a few hours.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread