Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tulip Park at Kamiyubetsu 2016/4/27 18:05
Hi,

I'll be visiting Tulip Park at Kamiyubetsu on 8th June 2016.
Based on my searches on the Internet, the annual Tulip Festival could be over by then.

My questions are :-

(1) Will I be able to enter the park or denied any entry when there is no more festival ?

(2) If I'm allowed to enter the park, what are the differences of activities between festival and non-festival period ?

Thanks in advance.
by Janice Chew  

Re: Tulip Park at Kamiyubetsu 2016/4/27 23:09
(1) You can still enter, and it looks like after the festival, entrance is free.

(2) Usually things like temporary booths are gone, no events or special activities of course aren't held, etc. Some parks almost completely shut down, but this one still seems open, if not very worthwhile. From the website it looks like during the summer there is work in the fields going on, sowing new bulbs and getting rid of old ones, things like that. So there's still some activity even if you can't see any flowers.

by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Tulip Park at Kamiyubetsu 2016/4/28 10:27
Thanks for your input.

I read at the official website that the 2016 Tulip Fair is from 1st May to 5th June. Hopefully they will extend 1 week as they are celebrating 30th anniversary of the park this year :-)

By the way, will the souvenir shop and restaurant be closed during non-fair period ?

As long as we can still enter the park, I still can have some memorable photos taken with my family. I'm sure NOT all flowers will be harvested within 3 days after the end of fair.

by Janice Chew rate this post as useful

Re: Tulip Park at Kamiyubetsu 2016/4/28 11:22
Keep in mind too that the dates for the festival are set beforehand, so even if the festival "ends", there may still be blooms depending on weather. I wouldn't count on them extending it, but if there are still flowers around, other things like shops etc. will probably still be open.

And no, they probably wont get rid of all the flowers if there are still some left :) So I definitely think you've got some leeway in that area.

My advice would be to check the official website closer to your dates. Flower parks like Kamiyubetsu will update with pictures (and it looks like a live camera!) on the state of the flowers throughout the season. You can make your final decision judging from those pictures before you actually go.

Have fun!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Tulip Park at Kamiyubetsu 2016/4/28 11:31
Thanks for your tips, scarreddragon !

I'm looking forward to seeing the many types of tulip in this park :-)

And I'll keep a close watch at the updates posted on their official website too.
by Janice Chew rate this post as useful

reply to this thread