Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels Tokyo Question 2016/4/28 02:33
Hi,
I am planning the booking hotels for my travel to Japan. In Tokyo I will be 3 days at the beginning of the trip and 5 days at the end (with excursions to Kamakura and Nikko ) . At first, I haven't turned on the JR Pass and I will stay at Asakusa, but in the end I'll have the JR activated. I don't want to spend much money, but I want a hotel with private bathroom and near to train station, to move with the Yamamote line and to go to Nikko and Kamakura. I doubt between staying in Ueno, Ikebukuro or near to the Tokyo Dome.

What do you recommend me?

Thank you very much
by ignashevich  

Re: Hotels Tokyo Question 2016/4/28 10:48
Toyoko inn?
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels Tokyo Question 2016/4/28 12:27
Business hotels are pretty muxh all the same, I usually take the cheapest one (which is rarely Toyoko). I use Rakuten, but Booking should work well enough too.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels Tokyo Question 2016/4/28 17:09
Thank you for the answers, but my main question is what area is better with the JR Pass.
by ignashevich rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels Tokyo Question 2016/4/28 17:33
Anything near a JR station.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels Tokyo Question 2016/4/28 17:47
Ueno, Ikebukuro or near to the Tokyo Dome.

Ueno and Ikebukuro have JR station of the same name. As for Tokyo Dome, nearest JR station is Suidobashi. Among these stations, Suidobashi seems to be near the center of Tokyo, but if you travel to Nikko and Kamakura, it will take more time as compared to other two stations. Below is the traveling time when you start at 7:30 (Hyperdia results, one way)

Station to Nikko to Kamakura Total time

Suidobashi 137 min 69 min 206 min
Ikebukuro 119 min 68 min 187 min
Ueno 122 min 64 min 186 min

Of course you must add walking time from the hotel, and if you consider traveling time to other places such as Shinjuku, the results should differ.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread