Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurobe Alpine Matsumoto-Murodo (round trip) 2016/4/28 05:30
I planned to travel the Kurobe Alpine Route on May 10th.
i will be staying at Matsumoto for 2 days thus starting my trip from there. i wanted to tour around Kurobe Dam(stay ard for 90mins) and the Snow Corridor (stay for 90mins) and back to Matsumoto.

A few questions hope you can help...

1. What time should i start the trip from Matsumoto?

2. Should i do the Kurobe Dam tour first before the Murodo Snow Corridor or do it at the return trip?

3. Is there a returned tix for sale that includes all transportations between Shinano Omachi and Murodo?

thank you for replying!
by linny (guest)  

Re: Kurobe Alpine Matsumoto-Murodo(round trip) 2016/4/28 11:30
I recommend going as early as possible. Although it shouldn't be super crowded after Golden Week and on a Tuesday, overall it is a popular attraction, and it's easy for the different transportation areas to get bottled up. The website suggests that it will probably be somewhat crowded, with wait times of around an hour for the ropeway and cable cars.

I would recommend heading straight to Murodo for the snow walls first, and then heading back to Kurobe Dam and sightseeing around there on the way back. You walk across the dam on the way to the cable car up, so you'll see it a little in the morning too.

Round trip tickets between Ogizawa and Murodo are available to buy from Ogizwa, and you probably wont any issues getting them on your dates, although again, I recommend going as early as possible for them. From Ogizawa to Omachi, you'll have no problem getting bus tickets, but you can't buy tickets for the route at Omachi, just the ticket to Ogizawa.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Alpine Matsumoto-Murodo(round trip) 2016/5/2 07:30
im gonna follow your suggestion of going to murodo snow walls then kurobe dam, guess i have to start the trip really early!
thank you for replying!
by linny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kurobe Alpine Matsumoto-Murodo(round trip) 2016/5/2 15:31
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread