Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

what to buy for a 8 year old girl? 2016/4/30 00:25
Hello!
I'm looking for ideas of gifts from Japan for a 8yr old girl.. like other girls, she's into Barbie dolls,Frozen etc.. but I thought it's not so ideal to get these stuff out of home country and would prefer something more Japanese and fun..

In my previous trips, I had gotten for her miniature Hello Kitty sets, some stuff from Disneyland/Disneysea..

If not toys, what would you suggest?
by chloebb (guest)  

Re: what to buy for a 8 year old girl? 2016/4/30 08:14
You can try Barbies long-lost Japanese relative....Licca-chan!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: what to buy for a 8 year old girl? 2016/4/30 15:38
LEGO FRIEND is popular for young girls
http://www.05block.com/seiers/friends/index.html

Hello Kitty Jenga is something more special gift from JP, may be
http://www.toysrus.co.jp/s/dsg-522779800

I don't know you might have and/or can be purchased LEGO and Jenga in your country.

Young people tend to be interested in analogue type toys rather than video games from my previous experience.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: what to buy for a 8 year old girl? 2016/5/2 09:59
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look for them when I'm there!
by chloebb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: what to buy for a 8 year old girl? 2016/5/2 11:19
I usually make a trip to Daiso or another 100 yen shop for gifts, and put a fun little package together for my niece or cousins when I get gifts for them. Anything from a cute purse or fuzzy socks (these were a hit surprisingly), to bath stuff, fun and cute stationary, traditional Japanese style games and origami books and paper, even bento boxes, chopsticks etc. They really love all the stuff because its different, and it was all 100 yen so I can get a bunch of stuff for them at once without breaking the bank. Obviously the kid's personality makes a difference, but Daiso has got everything, so it's a great place for shopping for gifts!

Also 8 might be a bit young for this, but for some of my older cousins, I go to Book Off and buy a bunch of the 100 yen used fashion magazines, especially the really specific ones like the lolita fashion mags or the yukata/kimono ones that show the really unique fashions Japan is famous for. These were a big hit too, and again, not too expensive so I could get a bunch!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: what to buy for a 8 year old girl? 2016/5/2 17:50
If not toys, what would you suggest?

If not toys, I would get food, because kids always love snacks and parents appreciate the fact that they're consumable.

I also wonder if she is interested in anything that's currently going on. For example, there were more Japanese limited editions of Frozen merchandise when the movie was still showing in theaters. If she's interested in any of the current movies, all you have to do is to visit a movie theater to buy something like stationary with some Japanese on it.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread