Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Brief itinerary check 2016/5/2 02:32
I will be reaching Narita at 7am.
I am still flexible on the days at this moment, planning around 10 days.

I will e using the Tokyo Wide pass for the first 3 days starting from Narita Airport.

Day 1- Reached Narita Airport - Takasaki (leave my luggage to coin locker) - Karuizawa (short trip) - Kusatsu (Stay overnight)

Day 2 - Kusatsu - Hakone (Buy Fuji Hakone Pass & Stay overnight)

Day 3 - Hakone - 5 Fuji Lake - Hakone - Tokyo
(hope i able to finish and return to Tokyo using the tokyo wide pass... or do i need to stay one night in fuji lake?)

Day 4- Tokyo

Day 5- Kamakura

Day 6- Mt Takao

Day 7- 9- Tokyo (not sure any other side trip i can do)

Day 10- Back

Thank you!
by Jas663  

Re: Brief itinerary check 2016/5/2 08:50
Day 2 and 3 are a little rushed. Takasaki to Odawara is half a day eg 3 up to 4 hours depending on trains used. And that little time in the afternoon of day 2 flows onto other days. Add a day for your Hakone/Fuji section of your itinerary.

The Tokyo Wide pass doesn't cover Shinkansen Tokyo-Odawara. So the Wide pass could be bypassed if you dont travel to and from Takasaki by Shinkansen. As traveling by local and rapids will be cheaper than what the Tokyo Wide pass will cover.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Brief itinerary check 2016/5/2 13:16
Thanks Hakata14!

D1- Narita Airport - Karuizawa- Kusatsu (overnight)

D2- Kusatsu - Nikko (Overnight)
Is this workable? Thinking of fully utilised the Tokyo wide pass. Or any other side trip you can recommend along the way?

D3- Nikko- Hakone (overnight)

D4- 5 Fuji Lake (overnight)
Or is it prefer to stay back Hakone so I do not need to move luggage since I will be buying the Fuji hakone pass?

D5- 5 Fuji Lake - Tokyo

D6- Tokyo

D7- Tokyo - Mt Takao (day trip)

D8 -Tokyo - Kamakura (day trip)

D9- Tokyo

D10- Leaving or I can add another day in Tokyo.

Thank you!

by Jas663 rate this post as useful

Re: Brief itinerary check 2016/5/2 14:32
If you are desperate to use the Tokyo Wide pass. The use if for a Tokyo-Karuizawa-Nikko-Tokyo loop over 3 days.

And get the Fuji-Hakone 3 day pass also for your Tokyo-Hakone-Fuji-Tokyo loop for 3 days.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Brief itinerary check 2016/5/2 15:46
Thank you!
by Jas663 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread