Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/5/2 15:44
Hi, on 19 May, I'm planning to go by the direction Shinano-Omachi to Tateyama. As after the Alpine Route, I intend to go to Kyoto.But it seems that all the reservation and directions indicates the opposite direction.

Please help. Thank you
by Sab12979  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/5/2 19:13
I don't quite understand your questions.

The route can be traveled in both directions. If you want to end up in Kyoto, it is indeed better to start in Shinano-Omachi and end in Toyama from where you can take trains to Kyoto.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/5/2 20:02
You mean you can only reserve from Tateyama to Ogasawara?

In fact you can only reserve the cablecar from Tateyama to Bijodaira since it is a bit crowded. Not the opposite way. However, you can buy tickets from Omachi to Tateyama online. You get a reciept which you Exchange for real tickets in Omachi.
by Noname (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/5/2 20:04
Ogizawa not Shinano.

Note that you have to buy tickets on to Toyama or beyond at the ticket counter, not online, same to Ogizawa.
by Noname (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/5/3 15:12
Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I intend to buy the "Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket" from Haneda Airport.

I was searching the site "http://www.alpen-route.com/en/" and I tried to do web ticket reservation for the bus/ropeway/cablecar, as I was afraid of long waiting time.

But the directions provided is from Tateyama Station to Ogisawa.
The website did not provide the other way, from Ogisawa to Tateyama.

In this case, does it mean that I won't be able to do reservation? I have to join in the queue, right?
by Sab12979 rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/5/9 21:14
Hi I would be visiting Alpine Route end of June 2016. We intend to stay over for 2 nights.

Any recommendation of which these hotels is better - Hotel Tateyama or Midagahara Hotel. Also would you be able to share their direct contact like email address so that we can contact them directly. It seems difficult to book through the hotel website.

Thank You !
by cloh rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2016/5/11 21:07
Good Evening,

From Toyama Airport, is there a direct train to Tateyama Station then to the Alpine Route.

We are staying at Midagahara for 3 nights.

by cloh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread