Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo itinerary with kids 2016/5/3 02:55
Hi everyone,
I will be travelling with 3 from ages 9, 6 and 2. I will appreciate any input regarding my itinerary. Let me know id it is doable with kids or if there are any other options let me know, highly appreciated.

May 8: Arrival (half day) Tokyo station walk around
May 9: Disneyland
May 10: Ueno and Akihabara
May 11: Ebisu, Shibuya, Harajuku
May 12: Skytree
May 13: ???
May 14: Departure at 3pm

I feel like May 12-14 needs a little bit of your help. Thanks!
by Michiko (guest)  

Re: Tokyo itinerary with kids 2016/5/3 16:13
Ueno and Akihabara involves lots of walking. Can your two year old take it.
For 12 to 14, do a day trip out of Tokyo one of those day.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo itinerary with kids 2016/5/3 16:42
Considering the childrens ages, they will love anything you to being in a new foreign country. For that reason, I wouldn't plan to much around their interests.

You could go up to Omiya for a half day and look at the train museum.

I would suggest having you 9 and 6yo sit down with you on the computer and look at the Tokyo section of this website. You'll soon find you what they like.

by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo itinerary with kids 2016/5/3 16:50
Places we like in Tokyo-

Odaiba- Legoland, little beach and park, Aneby Trimpark play centre, ferris wheel.

Kidzania-at Toyosu not sure if that's Odaiba also, but very close to Odaiba- def be gong back on our next trip it was awesome fun for a child.

We've also enjoyed the National Science Museum at Ueno park area- hands on fun and play area too.

And we love gardens like Rikugien at Komagome Stn on the Yamanote line- feeding the turltes and koi.

In my experience you just never know what kids will love- sometimes are days at gardens are happier than places like Disneyland.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread