Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryokan in Miyajima - Special adapted room 2016/5/4 20:03
I'm trying to know if I could have any problem to stay at Ryokan Iwaso going on a weel chair. Has the ryokan any special adapted room? or a room with no steps to save? no need a special adaptation, only space enough in the bath and no large stairs. Thank you!
by ALBeta  

Re: Ryokan in Miyajima - Special adapted room 2016/5/5 10:56
I stayed at Iwaso in spring last year, but in a private cabin room, not in the main building. The ryokan has elevators installed and the staff is super friendly and a few of them are English-speaking, so they would probably be willing to help out and answer your questions if you emailed them, and give you a room that is easily accessible from the elevator, or on the ground floor (there were a number of ramps).

For the private rooms, upon leaving the main building, there is a small incline of gravel (not big gravel though so I think it'd be fine for a wheelchair) up to the private cabins. In the cabins themselves, the only step is that separating the genkan for shoes from the main rooms, and a small one for going to the toilet.

For the onsen baths, you took an elevator or the stairs down to the very bottom floor, but I can't remember if there were steps or not (and I don't have any pictures to check).

Anyway, for the private cabins I don't think you'll have any problems, and for the rooms in the main building, I think if you talk to the staff they can work with you to give you a room that is easy to access. Feel free to ask me any questions and I can see what I remember, and send pictures if you need.

I LOVED Iwaso, I hope you have the chance to stay there and enjoy it!
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokan in Miyajima - Special adapted room 2016/5/5 17:41
Thank you very much for your answer Scarreddragon, it is very very usefull. I sent an e-mail to the ryokan but no answer yet... We'll try to book a private cabine room . Thanks for your help again!
by Alba (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread