Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass questions 2016/5/5 22:49
I apologize, ignorance and unfamiliarity with the maps of the train routes move me to ask this questions:

1) can I use the JR pass to visit Chiba?

2)can I use it to visit Niigata?

3)Can I use it to visit Nara?

4)Can I use it to visit Nagoya/Kyoto?

Thanks for your attention to this (arguably) silly questions

Regards
by Juan Francisco Perez Vargas (guest)  

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/6 09:44
1) Yes, you can take JR to Chiba city.

2)Yes, you can take a shinkansen from Tokyo to Niigata.

3) Yes, there are JR trains from Osaka and from Kyoto, though the JR station is slightly further from the tourist sights in Nara than the Kintetsu Station. It is walkable though, I've done it many times.

4) Yes, but you can't use the Nozomi shinkansen.

by rkold rate this post as useful

Snow Resort near Tokyo 2016/5/6 13:34
Hi, we are planning for a holiday in Japan from 30 Nov to 15 Dec 2016. My kids would like to experience snow. Is that any good snow resort near Tokyo that my kids can enjoy and have some fun? How we can travel from Tokyo to the snow resort. will be our first time to Tokyo. Thanks.
by Derricksim rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/6 13:51
This is an entirely different question, so ask it separately.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/6 14:18
Snow question: catch the Shinkansen to Echigoyuzawa. There are a few snow resorts around the area - from memory it should take only about an hour. You can then also catch a bus to Naeba Prince Hotel which is one of the largest resorts around. There are also some little places to stay in the town next to the resort. The snow is deep and really nice powder.

I hope this helps.
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/6 22:00
Thank you very much for the info.

One last question, how would I proceed to visit Kyoto and/or with the JR pass?

by Juan Francisco Perez Vargas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/6 22:18
what you are asking about ?
about train system or about pass usage ?
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e627.html
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/6 22:21
I apologize if I am not explaining myself, let me rephrase

I will buy a JR pass from outside Japan and plan to use it to visit several places, my question was related to the fact that in the answer above, it was mentioned that I could not use the Nozomi Shinkansen to visit Kyoto or Nagoya with the pass, so I wanted to know how should I do it or what kind of train I will need to use

Thanks for your assistance
by Juan Francisco Perez Vargas (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/6 22:38
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html
However, pass holders can use Hikari trains along the same line, which stop at a few more stops than Nozomi trains and are slightly slower and less frequent than Nozomi trains.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/18 17:18
can i use JR tokyo wide pass from Narita airport to Tokyo/Shinjuku stations and vice versa?
by ara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass questions 2016/5/18 18:24
You can use the JR pass to go from any JR station to any other JR station.

Look at the relevant pages in the main japan-guide forum. They explain all about it.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread