Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Viewing Mt Fuji 2016/5/7 01:36
Hi, I will be going to Kawaguchiko in November. I will be taking the earliest bus, which departs from Shinjuku Station at 7.15am and reaching Kawaguchiko Station at 9am. Is it still possible to view Mt Fuji without the clouds blocking the way?

Thank you.
by Raymond (guest)  

Re: Viewing Mt Fuji 2016/5/7 10:40
Maybe?

There is no really predictable way of knowing whether you will see Fuji-san.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Viewing Mt Fuji 2016/5/7 11:23
There is no really predictable way of knowing whether you will see Fuji-san.

That's true. However, there still be some tendency. Fuji city (Shizuoka prefecture) published •xŽmŽRŠÏŽ@‚Ì‹L˜^ (Records of the observation of Mt. Fuji).

http://www.city.fuji.shizuoka.jp/shisei/c0604/fmervo000000d17a-att/fme...

According to this pdf, the best month is December followed by January and then November. They report in November,

The entire Fuji was seen: 53.5 %
Partially seen: 25.2 %
Not visible: 21.3%

This data is from Fuji city, and Kawaguchiko is on the opposite direction, so the frequencies may differ.

There are many live-cameras from Kawaguchiko and you might be able to see them beforehand.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Viewing Mt Fuji 2016/5/7 11:55
I don't know if I'm just lucky or what but I have seen Fuji in: October, November, December, January, February, March, April and May. I've seen Fuji from the Yurikamome line on Odaiba, from the shinkansen, from Kamakura, from Tokyo Tower, from the Chuo line going towards Kichijoji, and from a plane after taking off from Chubu Centrair. I can't remember which trip it was, I think in March '07, where I kept seeing Fuji-san from Tokyo.

There have also been trips where Fuji has been completely clouded over and I wouldn't know there was a mountain there. I'm planning a trip to Japan in June and I do not have high hopes for seeing Fuji-san.

Generally, unless I was attending an event I am not traveling before 9 am.

by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread