Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

First Train from Toyama to Tateyama 2016/5/7 15:42
Hi
I have plan to Japan Alpine route on 16 MAY , Now I have booked via Web Ticket already on 7.20 am but I start this trip from Toyama Station and the first train departure 6.04 am. and arrive Tateyama Station 7.20 am.
How should I do for arriving Tateyama before 7.20 am.
Thank you
Athita Pachpraphan
by Athita  

Re: First Train from Toyama to Tateyama 2016/5/7 18:28
The first train to Tateyama leaves Dentetsu-Toyama at 5:28 (5:29 on weekends and holidays).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: First Train from Toyama to Tateyama 2016/5/8 16:26
Thank you so much for information but I have see in Hyperdia the first train run 6.04 am. from Toyama station
by Athita rate this post as useful

Re: First Train from Toyama to Tateyama 2016/5/8 19:17
Please check the timetable for that period, as Firas mentions, there are trains leaving 5.28 and 5.29.

http://www.alpen-route.com/en/timetable/timetable.html

Please bring a sweater or something since the train could be cold in the morning, or some warm drink and something to eat for breakfast if you have not had already by that time.

Dentetsu-Toyama station is located in the south east side outside of the JR of the station. I believe the entrance opens 5 AM.

I went to Tateyama in October last year. My cablecar left 7.00 and I took that early train, gave me plenty of time to prepare in Tateyama station. I suggest you visit the local station shop since the shop in Bijodaira was closed when I arrived. There are shops and restaurants in Murodo though as well as a nice restaurant if you hike all the way to Mikurigaike, as well as a hot spring. The restaurants in Murodo was rather crowded and had to stand in long line I guess but that's up to you.

You probably wont have as much snow as I did so hiking there will be no problem.

Just make sure to stand in the correct bus queue at Bijodaira, there is one direct to Murodo and one that makes stops along the way, if you want to check out Midagahara. You can arrange for the bus from there on to Murodo at the bus station there. There are also lockers and a toilet there in case you need. Really convenient.
by Alpine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread