Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling to Tateyama (snow wall) in June 2016/5/9 08:05
Hi,

me & my family are planning to go to see the alpine route in June. Most likely will go there in June 28,
Can we still see the snow wall? Because I read on the article, the snow wall is available for tourists to walk until June 22.
What if we go there on June 28? Can we still do it?
Thank you

Sincerely,
Glen
by glen nanlohy (guest)  

Re: Travelling to Tateyama (snow wall) in June 2016/5/9 20:59
Snow melts, and this year especially there wasn't as much as usual. I wouldn't expect to see much snow at all after June 22nd, and probably not even much by then. Certainly if there is any snow, it wont be the impressive walls you might see earlier in the year, but mostly melted by then. Of course, you can't predict the future. If it cools down significantly and stays cool, it might melt slower and then in that case there would be something to see. I would recommend checking closer to your dates on the status of the wall.

If your main goal is to see the snow wall, I would advise you to rethink your dates. If it isn't the main goal but rather you want to do the whole route, then late June is a good time... you'll be able to see the water gates at Kurobe Dam, and hike around Murodo.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Tateyama (snow wall) in June 2016/5/9 21:02
Dear Scarreddragon,

thank you so much for the information. Much appreciated.

by glen nanlohy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread