Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

local sim + data for a portable wifi router 2016/5/11 23:29
Am after simcard with data for personal portable wifi router (simlock free) Cannot change the APN settings on the router but use of different providers has been possible in the past. Tried travelsimcard-doccommo setting up via iPhone didn't work.

Seeking for simcard - am aware of portable rental and using iPhone hotspot
by ontheroadtojapan  

Re: local sim + data for a portable wifi router 2016/5/13 09:33
If you cannot change the apn of the router and a docomo based sim already failed, then it is unlikely that you'll be able to find a local data provider as they are primarily based on the docomo network. You might get lucky with an au based sim mvno like UQ mobile if it is compatible with your router.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: local sim + data for a portable wifi router 2016/5/13 10:37
thanks for your reply. In the meantime I have worked it out along with the great service and patience of the customer service of Travel-Sim

To change the settings on a wifi portable:
Insert Sim-card in portable router.
Search for wifi with iPhone/Android - log onto wifi
Open Safari at your device - type the following:
1) 192.168.0.1
2) Enter username and password as : (most likely) admin
3) Under wireless tab, you can change your Wireless network name and password. APN SETTINGS
4) Click Apply (had to do this twice)
5) Portabel will reboot and voila I could log in to my wifi

All set and done!

4) For changing password, Go to wireless security under 'Wireless' tab.
5) You can type your new password under 'Password'( WPA/WPA2- Personal) and click on save.
6) U will get a msg to reboot ur device. So reboot ur device under 'system tools' n there u go with ur new WiFi password!
by ontheroadtojapan rate this post as useful

Re: local sim + data for a portable wifi router 2016/5/13 11:16
I see, sorry I interpreted your question to mean that it was not possible to change the APN of your device. Good to hear it worked out.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread