Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 18:02
Hi all

I know is quite an impossible mission but I would like to find some accommodation to see the famous Nebuta matsuri in Aomori. I cheked all the similar question in the forum and, after verified personally that all hotel in the city are already sold out, I understand the rooms are booked also one year in advance by various travel agencies and so on. In a post I found a person suggesting to look for an accommodation in some small city close to Aomori. Looking into the map I don't understand where start to look for also because I obviously need to find a place with good connections (train or bus) with the main city of Aomori.
Someone have suggestion about? My wife is japanese than if you have some suggestion for some accommodation in Aomory city for japanese speaking language only I have no problem from this side also...
Thank you
by Suppa  

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 18:30
I just "verified personally" that there are available rooms in Aomori city for the nights of August 2, 3, 4, and 7.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 18:33
Really? Which bookign site you got the availability? I tried Booking.com, Agoda, Rakuten, HRS but no luck. Can you share your source?
Thank you
by Suppa rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 18:36
By the way, just we are in topic. I read about this matsuri program. The day between 2 and 6 the show start in the evening and, on 7, the show start in the afternoon and end with firewoks show. My idea was the best preiod to stay was arrive on 6 and leave on 8 but I guess I'm not the only one who had same idea...

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 18:44
by ntihc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 18:54
Hotel JAL city Aomori has vacant room on 7th August.

http://www.aomori-jalcity.co.jp
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 19:04
Hi and thank you all for replies

@ntihc: thank you for the links. I already knew about the local JRP but the first link you reported is more useful since give me an idea regarding the closest cities connected with bus

@frog1954: I know on 7 night is possible to find some free accommodation but my problem is I would like to see the evening show that is between 2 and 6. Obviously if no alternative found I'll have to "revise" my need...

Anyway thank you to both for find time to help me in check the accommodation, very appreciated ^_^

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 21:01
It also depends on whether you plan on using the JR pass. If this is the case, your range of opportunities gets wider. We had the same problem last year, but we were still able to watch most of the parade, and then catch the last shinkansen out of Aomori. There may be vacancies in cities like Hachinohe or Morioka.
by hikooki rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/13 21:24
@hikooki I don't plan to buy a JRP currently. I leave from Osaka and I have in mind to use the special ANA fare for tourist to fly directly to Aomori. Anyway I can not plan anything before have a clear idea about the matsuri program and accommodation place. What time more or less the parade finish and what time started the last train? (in your case)

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/14 01:35
Check hotels in Hirosaki. It's only 45 minutes by local train, 35 minutes by express, from Aomori.

Hirosaki is also having their own Neputa Matsuri during the same period of time as the Aomori Nebuta Matsuri. So you could catch both festivals.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/16 05:15
Thank you, I think too it would be the best (and only) alternative.

By the way, I read there are tickets to buy for stay in better seats to see the show but don't understand if is possible to buy online somewhere. Anyone have info?

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/16 16:29
No way, I decided to give up, it's impossible and from a nice trip it would became a stress experience. Ticket can be bought one month before but travel agencies booked some of them and I found some articles with pictures giving info. Basically seats are the best places to see the show, especially the last day in front of the sea. Free places are really too far away to see something of good. In add of this, cause the very large number of people caming for matsuri the street are full of people and is impossible to enjoy a bit the matsuri. Better to find some other place for the trip...
Thank you to all for all the suggestions

Re: Accommodation for Nebuta matsuri in Aomori 2016/5/17 10:59
Not sure if this helps, but the Aomori Neputa is only one of several BRILLIANT matsuri in northern Tohoku beng held on roughly the same dates.

They include the Akita Kanto matsuri (best thing I've seen in 20 years living in Japan)
https://myjapantravels.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/akita-kanto-matsuri/

and the amazing Goshogowara neputa.
https://myjapantravels.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/the-march-of-the-giant...

There are also the Hachinohe Sansha
https://myjapantravels.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/hachinohe-sansha-taisa...

and Morioka Sansa
https://myjapantravels.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/morioka-sansa-august-1...

If you cannot find accommodation in Aomori, perhaps you could think about locating yourself in one of the other towns and moving by train between the various festivals? (Its about 2.5 hours by train from Akita to Aomori, for example).
by andy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread