Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Two Day Sightseeing Pass Question 2016/5/18 14:36
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I can't really figure out the train system/busses in Japan, this will be my first time traveling here. I'm planning to stay for 4 days in Kyoto and was wondering if it'd worthwhile to purchase the 2 Day Sightseeing Pass.
The days will look like:
1) Nanzenji - Kinkakuji - Kibune
2)Kiyomizudera Temple - Higashiyama District - Kodaiji Temple - Gion - Poncho.
I'll be staying near Nishikyogoku station for my stay in Kyoto. Any help would be appreciated!
by Risaroo  

Re: Kyoto Two Day Sightseeing Pass Question 2016/5/18 17:35
2 Day Sightseeing Pass.

This pass is valid on Kyoto city bus, Kyoto bus and Kyoto metro. However, you may want to get Hankyu train from Nishikyogoku station, which is not covered. It will be around only 200 yen but you might feel uncomfortable to pay it separately.

1) Nanzenji - Kinkakuji - Kibune

Nanzenji is in the Higashiyama district, so you might better do it on day 2.

Probably you will use Keifuku train to go to Kibune, which is not covered by the pass. Maybe Kawaramachi to Kinkakuji bus ride (or Shijo to Kitaoji by Metro and then to Kinkakujimichi by bus) is covered, but it should be less than 1000 yen. You need to pay more than 1000 yen separately (Nishikyogoku to Kawaramachi, Demachiyanagi to Kibuneguchi).

2)Kiyomizudera Temple - Higashiyama District - Kodaiji Temple - Gion - Poncho.

Basically you will need two Hankyu rides (not covered) and two bus rides (covered, 460 yen) on this day. All in all, your Kyoto sightseeing pass will cover less than 1500 yen rides, so it will not pay@off.

Kansai Thru Pass covers all of the places, but the 2 days pass is 4000 yen which will not pay off.

You might better consider IC cards such as Icoca.

To complete your itinerary, Arukumachikyoto website is really useful. You can find routes, travelling times and fares. It will suggest your starting point and the destination when you type several characters.

http://www.arukumachikyoto.jp/index.php?lang=en
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Two Day Sightseeing Pass Question 2016/5/19 20:55
Bus network in Kyoto is quite good (but a bit slow), and it covers most places. Bus day pass is 500yen.
It may be wiser to buy this pass, and for some train rides just take single ticket.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Two Day Sightseeing Pass Question 2016/5/19 21:04
I have been 3 weeks ago and...

dont forget path of philosophy

use bicycles...I did it and I was fast and beautiful.. Bus is not as fast as you think!

You xa see japanese and foreigners like me using bicycles...

matane
by Salva101 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Two Day Sightseeing Pass Question 2016/5/20 09:02
Thank you very much for all your suggestions! it was really helpful
by Risaroo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread