Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 Week Itinerary Help 2016/5/19 02:12
I am planning a 3 week trip to Japan in October, and am wondering what peoples thoughts are on this itinerary. We just want a good mix of different places and things to do. We are likely planning on getting a JR pass for 3 weeks.

Day 1 to Day 4: Kyoto . We will basically have 3 days in Kyoto since we arrive relatively late in the afternoon on Day 1. One of the days will be for a day trip to Nara
Day 5: Travel to Koya and stay there overnight
Day 6: Leave early, travel to Hiroshima and Miyajima. Stay overnight.
Day 7: Explore Miyajima. Possibly climb or cable car up Mount Misen. Travel to Tokyo, stop at Himeji on the way.
Day 8 to Day 13: Stay in Tokyo. Allow 2 or 3 days for day trips
Day 14: Travel to Matsumoto, spend afternoon and night there.
Day 15: Alpine Trail to Kanzawa.
Day 16: Spend day / night in Kanzawa
Day 17: Travel to Osaka *could maybe add another day in Kanzawa or Matsumoto instead of one of the Osaka days, or add in a trip to the rail museum in Nagoya
Day 18-Day 19: Osaka
Day 20: Leave Osaka early for airport.
by masterkembo  

Re: 3 Week Itinerary Help 2016/5/24 08:19
I think your plan is possible.
I guess if you can use HANEDA airport,you can cut more moving time.

by MGollira rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Week Itinerary Help 2016/5/24 11:37
For Day 7, you have to set off from Miyajima about noon to see Himeji and reach Tokyo before 10pm. (Thats about the time i sleep)
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Week Itinerary Help 2016/5/24 11:56
You will spend 2hours JR MIYAJIMA_GUCHI to JR HIMEJI station by SHINKANSEN.
(JR SANYOUHONSEN MIYAJIMAGUCHI ~JR HIROSHIMAby rocal train. JR HIROSHIMA ~ JR HIMEJI by SHINKANSEN)
and You will spend 3hours Jr HIMEJI to Jr TOKYO station by SINKANSEN.

by MGollira rate this post as useful

Re: 3 Week Itinerary Help 2016/5/26 10:37
Day 6 and 7. I don't think you are allowing yourself enough time for both Hiroshima and Miyajima. You will miss a lot since you are adding 3-5 hours of travel on each day.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread