Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okinawa, 6 days 2016/5/20 13:19
We have booked our flight to Okinawa from 26 Jan to 2 Feb 2017,
can you tell me where are the places we MUST visit? and I heard about Ishigaki Isalnd and Miyako Island. I would like to visit them too if possible. What is your suggestion?
by Denise (guest)  

Re: Okinawa, 6 days 2016/5/20 18:02
You've booked the flights...I assume you've already decided at least some of the places you want to visit?
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa, 6 days 2016/5/23 01:39
The cherry blossom season should be happening during that time, so you may want to visit Nakijin Castle if it's not already on your itinerary. Nago and Motobu also have cherry blossom festivals.

I don't know if you did any research on Ishigaki, but you should know that from mainland Okinawa it's very expensive to travel there and the Miyako Islands are equally expensive to reach. It will be a very expensive trip if you visit all three island groups.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa, 6 days 2016/5/23 02:32
It's not that expensive to fly to Ishigaki.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa, 6 days 2016/5/23 17:03
I guess opinions vary on what is "expensive" but a lot of people are quite surprised that you can fly between islands and regions on the mainland for the same price (and cheaper) than travel within Okinawa Prefecture. I mean, it's cheaper to fly from the mainland TO Okinawa than to travel between Okinawa's main island and either Ishigaki or the Miyako Islands.

There's a reason people say they're going to Ishigaki instead of "Okinawa" as their destination; most people wouldn't consider flying between the islands. Ishigaki is viewed as its own destination while "Okinawa" means the main island. When I was planning my own "Okinawa" trip I had looked into Taketomi, but I quickly realized that would more than double transportation costs. For many travelers, that's definitely expensive.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread