Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/24 15:40
Hi All,

Would like to enquired, since my wife is pregnant now.
I would like to find some hotel/hostel with attached bathroom, walking distance to any train/tram line, which cost lower than 7900yen. Is it possible to find any?
by foxngn  

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/24 17:53
Yes, it is most probably possible. Have you checked the major booking websites?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/24 18:02
Me and a friend stayed here last April. We loved the area as it was close to a lot of things and train station.

http://hotelkinki.com/en/guest-rooms-en/rooms_for_2_guests/western-sty...
by yami (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/24 19:13
In some of the major booking websites, you can search for accommodation based on how far it is from certain places, so you could ask it to search for places close to particular stations.

Otherwise, just look up the accommodation on Google Maps to find out how close to a station it is, or look in the accommodation's "Access" page - most have one.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/24 19:37
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/24 22:07
I've seen both the APA Horikawa dori and APA Kyoto Ekimae for under 8000 yen. I think it depends on season and how early you book. (The rates were much lower at 2 months out than 1 month or less.) The rooms are small, but are very convenient to Kyoto Station. I'm trying to remember all the different business motels I've used in Osaka. I don't think the Hotel Midousuji was terribly expensive (super close to Namba.)

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/25 05:56
Hello Foxngn,

For Osaka I stayed at Osaka Hana Hostel and loved it. I'll put their website below. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The hostel is located 2 blocks from 2 subway stations and 6 blocks away from Dontonbori but if you don't want to walk, one of the stations will take you right there.

They do offer private rooms with an ensuite bathroom. The only issue you might have is that the entrance of the hostel is located up some stairs but once at the hostel; all the floors are accessed via the elevator.

You can book via their website or via HostelWorld:

http://osaka.hanahostel.com/access_e.html

Have fun!
by Midoriya rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/25 10:55
Piece Hostel in Kyoto.
Boarding house Tennoji in Osaka (attached toilet but not shower)
I've stayed in Oki Inn in Kyoto. Run by a Japanese couple educated in Australia. It is a four bed room (2 bunks) hostel style for females but if you book the whole room, males can stay too. (total of 3 or 4 rooms excluding the kitchen and the couple's own quarters)
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/26 00:51
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the recommendation.
I went through agoda for my Kyoto accommodation but non have came up with my criteria.
Will check out those mentioned hostel/hotel first.

Btw, I will be just travelling in kyoto(4 days) & osaka(4 days), will drop by to Kobe & Nara for a day trip but not going to stay there though.
Which JR pass should i get for my trip ?
by foxngn rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/26 01:34
I don't know if I would get any JR passes it's 2200 for the JR Kansai Area Pass for 1 day, they are consecutive, see here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_03.html

It's 1420 yen to take a JR train roundtrip from Kyoto to Nara.

It's 1120 to take a JR train roundtrip between Kyoto and Osaka.

It's 820 yen to take a JR train roundtrip between Osaka and Sannomiya (in Kobe)

I'm just not seeings savings unless maybe you get one for arrival day so you can take the Haruka for 2200 yen between Kansai Airport and Kyoto. (If you're flying into Itami, buses tend to be better.)and maybe a second one to cover your return trip to KIX unless you are taking a bus or there is a round trip special like with the NEX. I use to like to take the bus from Namba/OCAT. The fare is 1050 yen (1850 yen roundtrip if used within 14 days) and they run every 30 minutes. My friends who lived in Osaka tended to use that method over trains.

Depending on what you are doing in Kyoto and Osaka you might do well with one of the city passes.

Also try Trivago if you are using a booking site, they give you a greater selection of hotel sites than just agoda. I've personally had good luck with Booking.com so far, and I like that they include the close to 20% in taxes. Again, it helps to be looking at least 2 months out. Many prices have gone up a lot since I first looked for my trip in June.

Booking is also very easy to cancel reservations with.

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/5/26 13:06
If you can do Himeji and Kobe in a day then a pass would be worth while. Or if you do Kobe the day you fly in.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation in kyoto & osaka 2016/6/15 16:35
Hi All,

Thanks for the replied.
I had booked my accommodation through airbnb.

As for the transportation, i will be arrive & depart at kansai airport.
Since most trip i will be cover using the subway in kyoto & osaka.
I think i would just purchase on station for the trip.

by foxngn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread