Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/25 15:50
Hello people

I have never been to Japan. Planning to go on 1 January 2017 and depart on 14 January 2017.

Wish to visit Tokyo, kyoto and Osaka.

I dunno where to start. Planning to fly from singapore to osaka and head to kyoto straightaway after landing. dunno how many days require to be in Kyoto.

From kyoto, go to tokyo. spend a few days in tokyo.

Then from tokyo back to osaka. will i be passing kyoto if im going back to osaka from tokyo.

then spend the remaining time in osaka.

PLease help.

thanks

by boonkiat  

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/25 19:05
If u fly to OSAKA u could start with OSAKA then Kyoto then Tokyo and fly back from Tokyo so as to save one trip between Osaka/Tokyo. and yes Tokyo to Osaka will pass thru Kyoto again by Shinkansen.

Kyoto need 1-2 days will do as it is a small town and easily access even by Taxi is not expensive. Bus service is the chepest way to go around.

U may want to considered Nara since u are at Osaka as it is a 35 min train ride and is a nice place as well.
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/25 19:15
If I had a choice, I would start in Tokyo before doing Osaka/Kyoto. Mainly because wherever you go there will be lots of shops and restaurants that are closed for several days at the beginning of the year. There's a lot more open in Tokyo though, compared to Kyoto and Osaka.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/25 20:09
When I went to Japan last year it was for two weeks to do Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo.

We flew to Tokyo (because it was a hell of a lot cheaper and if we flew to Osaka it would of added another connection flight) Got the shinkansen down to Osaka. The evening we got there we spent in Osaka, the second day we spent in Nara, third day we spent in Kyoto and then the fourth day we spent in Hiroshima before travelling back up to Tokyo for the last 9 days. So we pretty much spent a day each in Osaka and Kyoto and got more than enough done.
by Shutainzu rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/26 15:30
Hello

Im planning to stay 4 days in osaka, 2 days in kyoto and 6 days in tokyo.

Is it planning ok?

osaka - stay in dotonbori

can anyone suggest where to stay in kyoto and tokyo?

thanks
by boonkiat rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/26 17:46
Jan 1 + 2 + 3 are normally slow moving days due to new years public holidays. I'd suggest changing the dates a little to move your holiday away from the 1st.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/26 17:49
Oops I forgot to add. That time of year is winter and you have to pack more luggage/winter clothes and some attractions are not available.

My personal opinion is if it is you first time to Japan. I would not go in winter. I would pick a warmer month to travel to make is easier luggage wise and travel wise.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/26 18:05
You've to find what you plan to do in Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo. Then you would know whether spending 4, 2, and 6 days respectively is wise.

I would start the trip in Tokyo and head to Kyoto and lastly Osaka. Place the two commercial and bustling cities at the beginning and end to have some variety.

I recommend staying a night in a Ryokan or a lodging with hot spring facilities. Pretty much a Japan only experience.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo 2016/5/27 11:50
Personally, I think there's not much difference between Tokyo and Osaka. Both are modern cities though Tokyo is bigger. Since you live in Singapore, I'm sure you're used to city views and would like to see and experience new things.

I would suggest cutting down on your days in Tokyo and Osaka and adding more days in Kyoto. Nature, gardens, shrines, temples and old structures are plentiful in Kyoto. I also recommend a side trip to Nara. It's around an hour away from both Osaka and Kyoto.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread